What is a Good full frame nikon body

Mashburn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I will not be doing any sports with it (I have my 7d mk ii canon for that) . But I will be doing my light painting work with it. And I'll be doing weddings.

As long as it handles 1600 iso, great image quality. I'm good. Shutter speed and fast focusing, I could care less about.

Full frame - may as well look at the 750 or the 810. That's my opinion though.

I've only had the 810 as a FF body - and weighed it up against the 750, 610 and the 800E

It won out because if its ISO capabilities against those I compared it to - just my 10c

Why you asking when you shot the first suggestion down with your own suggestions. You obviously know what you need

It sounds like the D610 will be more then enough for you from what you describe.
Up to 6400ISO its about par with the D750 and offers excellent sensor with tons or DR.
The D750 is next in line, offers slightly better low light capabilities above 6400ISO and better video capabilitites.
It also offers better AF system but you said this is not important and the AF system on the D610 anyways is more then enough if you dont do serious sports.

I am completely at loss why the OP needs a Nikon full frame next to a Canon full frame.

Every single full frame camera out there manages good ISO 1600. Even the Canon EOS 5D Mark I from 2004 will manage that. Even newer APS-C cameras, like the D7000, will manage that.

If the question is for the best low light camera, well thats the Sony A7s.

If the question is for the best low light camera from Nikon, thats the Nikon D3s, D4s or Df, depending upon who you ask.

The d750 has gotten rave reviews for wedding photography

I am completely at loss why the OP needs a Nikon full frame next to a Canon full frame.

Every single full frame camera out there manages good ISO 1600. Even the Canon EOS 5D Mark I from 2004 will manage that. Even newer APS-C cameras, like the D7000, will manage that.

If the question is for the best low light camera, well thats the Sony A7s.

If the question is for the best low light camera from Nikon, thats the Nikon D3s, D4s or Df, depending upon who you ask.
I too don't understand why have 2 cameras from different brands especially that both make good cameras.
BTW the 7D II is an APS-C and not FF

OP would be much better off staying in the canon line and not having to duplicate lenses.

I owned both canon and Nikon setups for a while, but I also owned a Nikon setup before I went to work in a canon studio. Even then owning both was annoying. The only real benefit was that I could do reviews comparing 7D, 5DII, 6D, 5DIII, D600 and D7000, which is to say not really a benefit at all.

D610, D700, D750, D800, D810, D4, D4s, D3x, D3s, D3 are all good full frame cameras that will handle ISO 1600 like it was ISO 100. LOL

Any current Nikon FF will do well at ISO 1600.
The D610 itself would be more than enough.

Last edited:
The D610 can handle images up to 6400 if they are exposed correctly. I have shot a concert at about 2000-5000 ISO, depending on lighting, and it all turned out great, even up at 5000.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back