What is art? Volume 261

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We have had the opportunity to expound on this topic from time to time, but because the issue is never resolved, I offer yet another thread for discussion.

Please watch the video and discuss.

Deja Moo.jpg

He's got a poop problem -- probably somewhat poop retentive.

Joe

He's got a poop problem -- probably somewhat poop retentive.

Joe

He's also a bigot. For centuries before and during his "score of centuries" artists also enriched non-western societies with equally good art.

I'm goin' with closed minded bigot with a poop problem.

Joe

Last edited:
I don't know anything about that guy but I wouldn't disagree with everything he said, I mean, some of what he said sounded grounded.

And Wm. Shakespeare was the LAST DECENT PLAYWRIGHT that ever lived! The absolute PEAK of literature was achieved hundreds of years before the Americas were colonized by Europeans. The standards of Wm. Shakepeare's time were the BEST ONES --EVER!!!! Everything after him is utter $Hi+!!!

Reminds me of the old Mike Meyers SNL character, the proprietor of the shop named All Things Scottish, the guy whose catchphase was, "If it's not Scottish--IT'S CRAP!"

Sound familiar?

And Wm. Shakespeare was the LAST DECENT PLAYWRIGHT that ever lived! The absolute PEAK of literature was achieved hundreds of years before the Americas were colonized by Europeans. The standards of Wm. Shakepeare's time were the BEST ONES --EVER!!!! Everything after him is utter $Hi+!!!

Reminds me of the old Mike Meyers SNL character, the proprietor of the shop named All Things Scottish, the guy whose catchphase was, "If it's not Scottish--IT'S CRAP!"

Sound familiar?
Watch what you say there Laddie, yer treadin on some mighty thin ice. We know where Portland is and we know how to fine ye. We may not be able to whip the damn brits but we can sure take care of the likes of you Portlandiers.
fred-armisen-spyke-portlandia-bike-messenger1.jpg

:biglaugh:

He is obviously a close minded teacher since his students couldn't recognize that his apron wasn't a Pollack. He lost all credibility with me at that point. I noticed it in a split second. He reminds me of many of the dealers I ran across, the kind you would like to punch in the face.

I once knew a professional and talented copy artist (he passed away) and he could copy the masters with precise accuracy. I asked him who was the hardest artist to copy and he said, "Mark Rothko". He said no matter what he did (he knew of his technique and materials as it is documented) he could never copy the depth, luminosity, and the sense of stepping into a painting that Rothko rendered. But he could copy a Chuck Close, Rembrandt, Cezanne, etc.

What this man misses is the evolution of art. Standards are created by man but to separate them as good or bad is not important and ignorant. Evolution of the creative mind is much larger than can be taught. Art in of itself is almost everything. If I were picking a College for my sibling to attend, his would be a quick scratch off the list.

After approximately 400 years of making representational art, western artists grew tired of the salon rules, and impressionism was born. The world had changed. Cars, electricity, x-, rays, machine guns, airplanes, the telephone,germ theory, indoor plumbing,and more-- and this professor thinks people would continue to paint scenes of ancient mythology and ancient Christian religious scenes? Wondering if this guy understands anything about the role of art within a society. Idolizing 500 year-old flat Earther ideals in 2017? Idolizing representational painting of religious and mythological paintings designed to support say, a 1688 understanding of Europe as the center of the entire world?

The title of the video was enough for me to not want to watch it.

So instead I got curious and looked up Prager thinking maybe it was one of those for profit schools that isn't actually a university even if it's called that. But this isn't even a school, just a website with 5 minute videos. No instructors or courses that I saw. Edit - And shows up as a foreign corporation. Hmm.

There's a PragerU foundation registered as a nonprofit but I can't find a board or officers or anything. Shows up in CA and Maryland/DC. Made 3 mil last year. Not sure if that includes sales from the PragerU site. Found a CEO and some other dude so not quite a one man show but doesn't seem like much more than that.

Not just BS but seems fraudulent to pretend to be any sort of university.

Last edited:
The title of the video was enough for me to not want to watch it.

So instead I got curious and looked up Prager thinking maybe it was one of those for profit schools that isn't actually a university even if it's called that. But this isn't even a school, just a website with 5 minute videos. No instructors or courses that I saw. Edit - And shows up as a foreign corporation. Hmm.

There's a PragerU foundation registered as a nonprofit but I can't find a board or officers or anything. Shows up in CA and Maryland/DC. Made 3 mil last year. Not sure if that includes sales from the PragerU site. Found a CEO and some other dude so not quite a one man show but doesn't seem like much more than that.

Not just BS but seems fraudulent to pretend to be any sort of university.

Figures

OK so I looked... I couldn't get thru all 5 min. So now I had to go look up that guy! What grad students??? Not finding anything about him teaching college courses much less grad school.

It's just getting piled higher and deeper the more I look.

OK so I looked... I couldn't get thru all 5 min. So now I had to go look up that guy! What grad students??? Not finding anything about him teaching college courses much less grad school.

It's just getting piled higher and deeper the more I look.
Sharon, Sharon, Sharon.

We are living in the time of Alternate Facts. Reality and honesty are as dead as the idea that the earth is flat. One no longer needs to be enrolled in school to be a student as one does not need to be employed by a college to call themselves a teacher.

All one needs to do now is say it loud enough, long enough and there are suckers, er I mean people that will believe it. You must not forget my dear Sharon that if it is on the internet, especially on YouTube then it has to be correct, for remember you can not lie on the internet.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go meet my daughters date. She met him on the internet. He's a French Model.

Who all watched the video?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back