What is ISO? Help with ISO with this simple guide - Digital and film ISO explained

This makes it fairly clear that Chris is not appreciative of the time that other people on this forum have spent reading his article and making suggestions for its improvement, and that he has no wish to engage in a discussion with them. It looks like he's only here to pimp his blog.

Hopefully he will now show us that I am wrong about that.

Best,
Helen

I don't have to show you anthing, why be so negative? I just don't understand why you are making a problem out of it. If you genuinely think i'm pimping my blog, just get a moderator/admin to delete the links / my account / whatever, as if i'm no help to anybody then I'll go back to my other forum. Just get a moderator to decide either way and leave all this pathetic banter. Just get it resolved so as to waste no more time of the poor people who have actually clicked the link to get to this post and are now reading this stupid exchange.

I'm sorry to anyone who thinks i'm here for the promotion and wasting their time.:confused:

I think the tone in here is unusually harsh today ... so we should all smoke some weed :p

Anyway, Chris, just get posting more than your blog (and more than in this thread), and all problems will dissolve into smoke.

Of course you were advertising your site in a way. This, however, is not a major criminal offense. But it is sort of normal that people are a bit skeptical if the advertising your blog bit is a huge percentage of all your posts.

We are actually quite nice in here, just some things do ring alarm bells ;)

I don't have to show you anthing, why be so negative? I just don't understand why you are making a problem out of it. If you genuinely think i'm pimping my blog, just get a moderator/admin to delete the links / my account / whatever, as if i'm no help to anybody then I'll go back to my other forum. Just get a moderator to decide either way and leave all this pathetic banter. Just get it resolved so as to waste no more time of the poor people who have actually clicked the link to get to this post and are now reading this stupid exchange.

I'm sorry to anyone who thinks i'm here for the promotion and wasting their time.:confused:

Relax dude, Yes, you are Pimping your Blog in an inappropriate manner and a moderator will likely eventually delete it.

Why not, just get a moderator/admin to delete the links/ your account/ whatever, as if your no help to anybody and send back to to another forum?

Because it's not that you're of no use to any one, Your information could proove useful to a bunch of new photographers and from the one I did read I see you can "dummie it down" so to speak and make it understandable.

People are making an issue out of it only to get you to see that there better and more efficient ways to do this, so you will stick around and not get banned for repete offence advertising violations.

By posting a full article, the feedback will be less negitive and will likely further the explination of the subject at hand.

If you want to pimp your blog, put a link to it in your sig, that way it will appear on every post you make, with out being considered spam.

Chris,

I'm not being negative. I read your blog and made what I hoped were useful suggestions for improving the two articles you gave the links to. Of your article on DoF I wrote " As the intention of it appears to be to introduce the basic relationship between depth of field and f-stop it looks pretty good." as the introductory sentence to the first of three paragraphs, none of which were critical. Is that being negative?

It is no big deal, though you seem to be making a lot out of it. I would be interested to know why you have never responded to any of the well-intentioned suggestions made by myself and others. I'm not demanding an answer, just curious.

Best wishes,
Helen

I havn't responded to the comments only because I didn't actually get notification of any replies, I thought I had made sure I clicked the notify button when I posted. I'll check it as soon as I can. If I had seen the comments I would have done something. Crossed wires here.

Please remove any links as appropriate and just take whatever text out of the blog page as you see fit and correct. Alternately just delete the post with no helpful articles linked within them.

Thanks to the people who have taken the time to read any/all of this, and sorry for any offence caused. I'll leave you to it.

Thanks Chris, that explains a lot - and it explains why you appeared to ignore both us and forum policy. I never trust the notification systems - I just check on the threads I have contributed to by using the 'Find other threads by Helen B' option. I won't mention that eleven posts ago I pointed out that there were replies that you had ignored...

Have a good Sunday afternoon in Dear Old Blighty.

Best wishes,
Helen

If you genuinely think i'm pimping my blog, just get a moderator/admin to delete the links / my account / whatever, as if i'm no help to anybody then I'll go back to my other forum. Just get a moderator to decide either way and leave all this pathetic banter.
Hello again, Chris - if you care to recall, I already did exactly that. The staff of TPF cannot and does not try to read every piece of advice and information offered up here - that would be impossible. However, we DO have in place a protocol for any articles you would like to see published here - these articles are checked for technical accuracy prior to being published here, so we can gladly endorse them as well as the members who take the time to craft them.

We try our best to keep TPF free of misinformation as best we can by asking our members to adhere to this protocol if they have information they would like to share. Since you run your own forum, I am sure you can appreciate our stance on this.

What you are doing has already been pointed out to you by other members. The fact that you ignored my prior post and started this one, as well as ignoring what the members are trying to tell you while becoming defensive, demonstrates that you are, indeed, merely redirecting TPF members to your own site; you aren't really interested in enhancing your own membership here or doing anything to positively affect TPF.

No, I am not going to "delete your account", but I am going to ask again that you refrain from further action of this type.

Thank you.

I read all the posts on your blog and it knocked off a lot more questions off the list.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back