What is it ??

Mason jar band?

In drafting, dividers have points on each arm and are used for measuring. They are also used in navigation for the same purpose. A compass has a point on one arm and either graphite or an ink nib on the other arm and is used to draw circles and arcs, though it can be used to mark a drawing (such as constructing a hexagon without a protractor.)

I guess I differentiate between the two because of the drafting classes I had to take. Not a thing.

Not a Mason jar band, nor a Band on the Run.

Looking for a two word answer.

Rock Tumbler

I misidentified the square. Thanks for pointing that out.

I misidentified the square. Thanks for pointing that out.
I only do that because a friend of mine who is in fact a Mason (Lodge, NOT brick-layer) gave me a rather lengthy lecture on the topic when I referred to it as a 'framing square' some years back! :lol:

Same here - I know framing, combination, tri- and t-squares. ;)

hat is a compass

Actually, I believe it's a set of dividers, used to measure and mark, combined with a framing square.
I'm sorry Alex, that is incorrect. That is in fact, a mason's square (two equal sides).
That's interesting! We have had the bookends "forever", I think they were my grandfather's. They are heavy, so they work well. I have examined them closely and don't know anything about the Masons, beyond their being a fraternal organization.

You were just at the doctor's, weren't you! My doctor always provides a clear plastic container with an orange lid that seals.

The scale is about the same. This is not a specimen jar/container.

Hope all went well at the doctor's.

You were just at the doctor's, weren't you! My doctor always provides a clear plastic container with an orange lid that seals.

The scale is about the same. This is not a specimen jar/container.

Hope all went well at the doctor's.

Nah. I have a friend who has containers with lids like that. He puts his weed in them. He calls them specimen jars. I figured I'd fathom a guess based on that. :lol:

Most reactions

Back