What is it ??

You were just at the doctor's, weren't you! My doctor always provides a clear plastic container with an orange lid that seals.

The scale is about the same. This is not a specimen jar/container.

Hope all went well at the doctor's.

Nah. I have a friend who has containers with lids like that. He puts his weed in them. He calls them specimen jars. I figured I'd fathom a guess based on that. :lol:

A "friend," eh. Suuuuurrrrre.

When I was in grade 7 or 8, a paper route customer smoked pipe tobacco. Their porch always smelled really good. I don't know what the tobacco came in. When I worked for CNCP, one o the techs in our office had a pipe. His tobacco was always in a pouch. I imagine a tin of tobacco would be larger and flatter, but that's just a guess.
Walking along the boardwalk at the beach, through clouds of smoke, is the closest I have been to your friend's specimens. On TV the "product" is usually in a clear plastic bag?

When I was in grade 7 or 8, a paper route customer smoked pipe tobacco. Their porch always smelled really good. I don't know what the tobacco came in. When I worked for CNCP, one o the techs in our office had a pipe. His tobacco was always in a pouch. I imagine a tin of tobacco would be larger and flatter, but that's just a guess.
Walking along the boardwalk at the beach, through clouds of smoke, is the closest I have been to your friend's specimens. On TV the "product" is usually in a clear plastic bag?

I have been a bit closer than that. :biglaugh:

EDIT: But not in a very, very long time.

Look at the horizontal (slightly diagonal) gouges. I don't think they're angled correctly to have been made by screwing a lid, and I think a wrench's teeth would make vertical marks. Also, the metal looks cast, but the threads look pressed rather than cut which is throwing me. I think this gets heavier use than we've been guessing.

upload_2014-10-16_11-59-25.png

Look at the horizontal (slightly diagonal) gouges. I don't think they're angled correctly to have been made by screwing a lid, and I think a wrench's teeth would make vertical marks. Also, the metal looks cast, but the threads look pressed rather than cut which is throwing me. I think this gets heavier use than we've been guessing.

View attachment 86963
Excellent analysis! Wrong! But, excellent analysis. Some of these are metal, others are plastic, this one is metal.

35mm film canister - single roll.

LOL! SnowBear got there first!

Agfa 35 mm came in it.

Snooze, ya lose, hon!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back