What is on your wish list? (That you can probably afford eventually)

Is Mamiya still around? I though they got swallowed up by Leaf? I know the 645AF is still being made, but the ZD?

---

There's so many better bodies out there, why the 645AF?

I like the photos I've seen taken with this arrangement and I'd like to try it. Is this not a good choice? What else would you suggest? This is just a "wish list" thread. I'm hardly familiar with all the options and there are likely better cameras.

In order which I intend to purchase:
-Elinchrom reflector and honeycomb grid kit
-Elinchrom 250BXRI monolight (adding to the collection
-Nikkor 85 1.4G (if it ever gets in stock)

Is Mamiya still around? I though they got swallowed up by Leaf? I know the 645AF is still being made, but the ZD?

---

There's so many better bodies out there, why the 645AF?

I like the photos I've seen taken with this arrangement and I'd like to try it. Is this not a good choice? What else would you suggest? This is just a "wish list" thread. I'm hardly familiar with all the options and there are likely better cameras.

It's not a "bad" choice necessarily, but there are lots of better options right now on the used market that are about the same price and often ties cheaper that, afaik, you could put a digital back onto. Contax 645, Rollei 6008 are also both AF and will run about $2-3k for a kit with a lens, there's no end of supply for older H bodies, though I'v never handled one.

It's not a "bad" choice necessarily, but there are lots of better options right now on the used market that are about the same price and often ties cheaper that, afaik, you could put a digital back onto. Contax 645, Rollei 6008 are also both AF and will run about $2-3k for a kit with a lens, there's no end of supply for older H bodies, though I'v never handled one.
There are LOTS of other options, but better ones? Hmmm... I loves me my Mamiya glass, and the AFD body is very nice to work with. One of these days I will actually pick up a digital back for mine.

at least a 300 zoom and some sort of macro for my D7000... all I have is an 18-105 and I'm broke as a joke!!

All expenses paid African photo safari. Then maybe some new gear and return trip. Oh yeah, this was supposed to be attainable..... Oh well.

85mm f1.2L ii
70-200mm 2.8L ii IS

I own the 85mm 1.8 and it is indeed a great lens. My 16-35 f2.8 is amazing as well

Zeiss Sonnar 85mm f1.4

Most reactions

Back