What is the best flash setup for portraits

shelley329

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got my nikon D7000. Most of my pictures are portraits, and indoor/outdoor sporting events. Which flash setup do you recommend?

It's hard for anyone to say for certain because your vision may differ, but for indoor portraits, this setup will do nicely.

i-9BBCgf2-XL.png

Welcome to the forum Shelley.

There really isn't a 'best' setup.....as the best setup, will be the one that works for you, in your situation, to get the shot that you want.

For shooting portraits, it may be advantageous to use a flash setup that allows you to shoot with the flash off-camera.

Welcome to the forum Shelley.

There really isn't a 'best' setup.....as the best setup, will be the one that works for you, in your situation, to get the shot that you want.

For shooting portraits, it may be advantageous to use a flash setup that allows you to shoot with the flash off-camera.

2nd that.

No real best setup , basically it amounts to what works best with what you have.
-
Shoot well, Joe

Crazy that you cant use a stand in nyc

It's hard for anyone to say for certain because your vision may differ, but for indoor portraits, this setup will do nicely.

i-9BBCgf2-XL.png

I've been coming back to this since it was posted and can't help but wonder how that works. Does it have something to do with double vision?

I just feel like I can copy this light with half the lights involved. Actually, 2 1/2 lights would be hard to do but so would the 2 lights towards the back wall. I have a flat black wall there myself. Seems to me you are over complicating your life...

Most reactions

Back