What is the best online digital photo printing site?

You can shoot me for this one, but Walgreens has online uploading of images and you can go pick them up in an hour, just down the street from your home.

I'm only adding this for 4x6 and 5x7 prints, even though I have had some 8x10s make for test prints. They use Fuji and Kodak kiosks if you go to the store.

Most of this is automated, so it doesn't matter if you go to CVS, Walgreens, or some of the photo shops. They are mostly using the same Fuji equipment.

Best around here is across town and uses die transfer, and personally I like the way the prints look. Some people don't.

But if you want 19c prints (or is it 16c now?) head for Walmart, Sam's, the corner pharmacy, or anyplace else and you'll get fine photos. What they won't do, is color correction and anything more than just putting them in the machine and popping them out. So you need to make sure that what you give them is exactly what you want. (also some places don't have a clue how to run their equipment, so after one batch you'll want to find a better one)

This is where some the mail places will beat them every time.

Like everything else, it all depends on what you want and if you want to pay for it.
I'm guilty of using Walgreens....hehe. I'm in TX and mom is in CA. I uploaded a file and she picked up an 8x10 a thousand miles away an hour later. I asked her about the quality and she said it was great. I wouldn't use it for my stuff I sell, but for speedy things they are just fine. Also.....check with your local labs. The lab across the street from me has file uploading and it seems like more family owned labs are offering this service. Support your local business. ;)

MPIX.COM all the way. Im sorry, but the quality of walgreens, walmart, and the other cheapies just do not cut it, unless your satisfied with average looking snapshots.

mpix also has a bill to and ship to address on their order form, so they will ship your photos anywhere you like if you specify where you want them shipped.

MPIX.COM all the way. Im sorry, but the quality of walgreens, walmart, and the other cheapies just do not cut it, unless your satisfied with average looking snapshots.

mpix also has a bill to and ship to address on their order form, so they will ship your photos anywhere you like if you specify where you want them shipped.

I'm not sure if this is true or the perception that labs want to sell us. The truly good ones, do color correction and maintain their equipment, and have pride in their work. Some others are nothing more than a fancy name, using identical equipment as Sam's Club, Walgreens and CVS.

I suppose the only way to find out, is like we used to do with Sundance, Cook and the rest of the mail photo places. Send the same 10 images to 10 places and compare what comes back. Otherwise, I admit, I'm only writing my personal opinion here.

That opinion is that unless someone is inept, or the equipment is out of order, you'll find little difference between your corner discount drug store and many of the web based photo services.

Professional labs, do turn out better results, and you'll get what you pay for. Discount places are generally all about the same.

mpix does color correction (for a little more) and uses laser printers. They will do discount prints, without correction for the same price as your corner store. Looks like a winner if you are set on internet photo processing.

White House Custom: "All prints 11x14 and smaller are printed on one of our Kodak RP30s. Prints larger than 11x14 will be printed on either a Durst Theta 50 or Theta 76, depending on the largest print size ordered." The RP30 is a laser printer.

Durst Theta 50 - With a resolution of 200 ppi or 400 ppi, can handle print sizes from 10x15 cm/4x6” up to 50x75 cm/20x30” as well as panoramic prints. Exposure is on KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA Papers and Display Media.

Theta 76—features a high-speed LED imager

Fuji printer that you'll find at Black's, Wolf, Walgreens, CVS, wherever: :lol:

bullet_arrow.gif
Printing method: Dye Sublimation Thermal Transfer. 3-color faces progressive printing (yellow, magenta, and cyan) and surface lamination
bullet_arrow.gif
Print's resolution: 300 x 300 DPI (DPI: Dots per inch)
bullet_arrow.gif
Gradations: 256 - 24 bits for each color (About 16.7 million colors)

I found Shapco is the best printing services. It produces the highest-quality print communications, reliably and consistently, for customers across the globe. They offer different capabilities like offset printing, digital printing etc..

After 9 years I doubt that the OP cares. They have probably found a printer they like by now.

After 9 years I doubt that the OP cares. They have probably found a printer they like by now.

To be fair it was the OPs first post. Probably didn't see how old the post was.Jeez give someone a chance to figure out how the site works before being a smart ass

To be fair it was the OPs first post. Probably didn't see how old the post was.Jeez give someone a chance to figure out how the site works before being a smart ass

The poster prior to you also posted to a zombie thread for their first post.
thread_resurrection.jpg

It's everyones duty to stop zombie threads.

And if you post a question already asked you get: use the search function

So many ways to win on the interwebz

Only if you start with your question with, "I search the forum but couldn't find a similar thread so Which is better Canon or Nikon?":lol:

Last edited:

Only if you start with your question with, "I search the forum but couldn't find a similar thread so Which is better Canon or Nikon?":lol:
Chevy. No, wait- Ford

Most reactions

Back