What is the Best Value going Wireless

It has 4 channels. If you had multiple units, they should all fire as long as they were set to the same channel.

OH - yeah that quote is right.

Each RECEIVER works with one flash. Each light needs it's own receiver. One transmitter could control them all as long as they are all on the same channel.

go with the cybersyncs. I've used them multiple times and i'm never once had a misfire, not once.

I looooove my cybersyncs, almost cried a bit when one dropped to the asphalt today.

I am eventually leaning that way... but do you see how these Cowboy units would connect to the White Lightning or Alien Bees?

What type of adapter would we need to make it work?
I appreciate your help, these CowBoy units might be fun to learn on until I can afford the Cybersyncs or my RadioPopper Px dream system :)

thx

go with the cybersyncs. I've used them multiple times and i'm never once had a misfire, not once.

I looooove my cybersyncs, almost cried a bit when one dropped to the asphalt today.

Hey PaPa,
Does it appear that this unit would plug into the back of our flash units?
CowboyStudio Photography Lighting | Studio Equipment | Studio Accessories

ABs and White lightnings are very similar I understand.... does it look like this unit would work?
I know we also have the Phone line plug in as well, thanks again for your inpt

Lee

Last edited:
That was my fear, no one knows

probably due to no one owning the white lightnings........

While Lightnings, like most studio strobes, have a sync input socket. It's a standard monojack connection (1/4" I think). If the male plug on your receiver cord is the wrong size, you could get a simple adapter.

You should only need one receiver because the lights probably have a built in optical slave (when one fires, the other will 'see' that flash and fire as well).
The exception being if you are shooting in a situation where other people are using flash, their flashes might trigger your light, so you would want a receiver for both lights, but in your own home/studio, you only need one.

I ordered some Pocket Cowboys this weekend, I will be sure and report my findings.....
Although I have no other point of reference to compare with
:)

Hopefully they work good, for both of us - lol!

Mine should be here by the end of the week (should be tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest - but you never know...).

Worst case, I'm out $30... It would suck, but I can live with that.

Which ones did you get?
I got the version for my Studio lights, I am sure we can write these off as research for the good of the forum :)

Did you order yours off of Cowboys Studio website or else where?

From Amazon, but they shipped from Cowboy Studio - which is in Dallas, so shipping should be pretty fast for me... (Only about 40 miles from me.)

I got the transmitter/receiver kit I linked to earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the new pocketwizards with e-ttl? I've heard mixed things about them, mainly their range.

Just wanted to drop in and say - they came in today, and it works. Haven't got to mess around with it a whole lot yet, but so far everything seems good.

When ya get a little time to test them out, let us know more !!

Just wanted to drop in and say - they came in today, and it works. Haven't got to mess around with it a whole lot yet, but so far everything seems good.

OK, I got a chance to play with it for about an hour. Everything works fine.
Really, it couldn't be easier to use.

Now, I only got to play around for an hour or so, but so far I like them a lot.

Works from anywhere in my house. They say the range is 30 meters - I know I didn't test it at that range, but I might see just how far away it will work this weekend.

There isn't really anything to complain about. Build quality seems pretty decent. They're plastic (of course), but they seem plenty strong. We'll see how they hold up over the long-run.

So far, I like them though. Very happy, considering how cheap they were.
Hell, I think the only other things I have that were cheaper than that are a few step up/down rings and a macro coupler. Maybe a lens cloth too. Oh, and a camera strap, lol.

Glad I took a gamble on it. :thumbsup:

Man I am so excited to get mine and mess around.....

Looking forward, what are some "tests" I should try, obstructed views or behind walls, distance .....
any suggestions will help build the anticipation :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back