What is the best way to promote your site?

Nolan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What is the best way to promote your photography site? This a question that has plagued me. I am the happy new confused owner of www.opticalidea.com but i have not the slightest clue to promote the site.

My ideas are,
-flickr
-other photo-sharing sites
-seo (search engine optimization)

So what are your ideas or techniques?

Best way , best for , best for that.

There are to many variables to answer such a broad question.

The Internet is a wonderful resource. You might explore some of it's other, many wonderful features.

A good place to start is Google. Not the search engine. The other parts of google that inform you how to promote your website.

Google Analytics

SEO, SEO, SEO, social networking - and organic traffic. I get over 200 hits/day and have started to work almost everyday by properly placing my blog in search engines.

I also post flash galleries of EVERY paid job and require a model release w/contract when I do a shoot.

I hand out a lot of business cards.

I also invite other photographers to write on my site, although so far it's just me. If you want to plug your site and get a free link on a good-ranking site, feel free to register and write about how you got into photography as a business. Link backs are important for SEO.

For more about SEO techniques and site design, PM me - I work as the Marketing Director for one of the largest development houses in the country M-F, 9-5 ;-).

Register for my site and post an article here:

Atlanta Photographers New User Registration

Add your listing to my directory here (please remind me of the city in comments):

Atlanta Photographers Directory

Getting traffic up has also started making me around $500/mo in advertising revenues and free products. I launched the site in March - so that's moving pretty quickly.

Some tips for you -

1. your pages are missing meta data. You need good descriptions and keywords
2. Your meta titles are great, but you should think about stuffing "photography" related keywords when you title a post

Some tips for you -

1. your pages are missing meta data. You need good descriptions and keywords
2. Your meta titles are great, but you should think about stuffing "photography" related keywords when you title a post

1)So how do i do that? Keep in mind i am on wordpress.
2)Sure that makes sense. I will surly imply that measure.

Thanks for the help. By the way I pm'd you for more infomation

have started to work almost everyday by properly placing my blog in search engines.

How is this done, Modlife?

Jon

have started to work almost everyday by properly placing my blog in search engines.

How is this done, Modlife?

Jon

Call me and I can help you out. My main employer offers SEO and SEM services through monthly maintenance packages. I can provide you with more details after a phone consult - at that point I'll either sign you up or point you in the right direction - either way you'll come out with more than you had before you called me.

Joshua Camp

OnDemand WebSolutions - Director of Marketing
ATL Photographers - Lead Photographer
256-520-5234

Most reactions

Back