What is the difference between these two Sigma Lenses?

ashadiow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The II, is just the new version of an older lens. It says "improved optical performance".

Nothing to be quite honest, a bit sharper round the edges and thats it.

I have that lens (non II) and love it:) Great lens for the price and works great on a D40:)

Same here. My work horse lens. I use this lens 85% of the Time.

Yeah, I am torn between picking up one of these new or the Canon L used. I will be using it for Hockey and Horse Shows on my 400D. And I would really like to see a link to a review that shows the difference. I doubt there will be much...

...of that very lens - used it in a technical photo assignment on this very board earlier today. Coincidence? I think so...

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1124342&postcount=70

And for a dinosaur, it was pretty good, except in the day it would flare very easily. I need to take it for a cleaning now - things get cloudy on me at all focal lengths - but it gave me faith that Sigma could build nice glass.

Irrelavent, rhetorical response, really - this lens and the new one probably don't share a single element feature. Just tickled my coincidence bone...

Thanks. Everytime I look at pictures from this lense they look so close to the Canon L Glass that I don't know if I would ever be able to discern the difference. And with a HUGE price difference, I will probably be picking up a Sigma.

Although, with that said, Tamron has just released its competitor due up in March... So we'll see what that one can do as well.

Most reactions

Back