What is this old camera worth?

wayseer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's a canon eos rebel xs slr. My mom used to take pictures of me with it when I was little and she doesn't use it anymore so she gave it to me awhile ago and it has been sitting in its case never being used because I have a digital camera. Any idea what its worth? its in good condition.
245j8ly.jpg

4iyhs2.jpg

x1wupx.jpg

Dont know but I can guess

25$

Depending on the condition, they seem to sell on eBay from $0.99 to $75+. Seems like most are between $20 and $30...

canon film rebel xs | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Damn I might as well just keep it then thanks guys.

152511182.wRnYISTq.RebelXforM_Rabbit.jpg I bought one at Goodwill three summers ago with a nice Sigma 70-210 f/4~5.6 autofocus lens for $24.95, so I would say the camera's worth $15 or so for the body.

Only the lenses are worth some money as they can be used on current Canon DSLR's. The body is relatively new and so it's worth almost nothing.

It's worth ...using.

Damn. I see "old camera" in the thread title and I'm thinking something like this:
vitessa%252520open.jpg

or this:
Voigtlander%252520ultramatic.jpg

(both of which I have from my dad, and the folding one still works!) but instead of an "old" camera I'm presented with an auto-exposure, auto-focus, TTL-flash, zone-metering camera with a selection of exposure modes that even advances the film automatically. What the heck is "old" about all that??!?!? :)

I've got 4 Canon F1 bodies with motor drives and 3 Eos 1D's that I consider door stops. Mind you, they've seen a lot more action than most.

But because the film and processing cost is so high it's worth it to use film only in the very best cameras.

I'm sorry to have handed out the big red X, but I feel very very VERY strongly about how wrong that statement is.

But because the film and processing cost is so high it's worth it to use film only in the very best cameras.

I'm sorry to have handed out the big red X, but I feel very very VERY strongly about how wrong that statement is.
So you're saying that the Canon EOS Rebel XS is the very best camera and so it's worth the cost of film and processing?

;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back