What is this on my pictures????

skoundrel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.skoundrel.ca
Ever since yesterday my camera (d70s) has been producing this thin green stripe in the middle of my images.
greenstripe.jpg

i didnt drop my camera, get it wet, knock it etc.
I bought it in june, so it must be covered under warrenty... right??
Any ideas?

That's wierd...definitly get it checked out.

What kind of digital camera is it?

The reason I ask is that I'm struck by the fact that the top of the line looks slightly brighter than the rest of the line, which is perfectly vertical (which also seems weird). If it's a digital SLR, maybe the act of the mirror rotating compounds one single problem (the dot), creating a whole line of that dots.

**I have no idea if this is technically correct (or feasable), but that's what came to mind.**

Good luck finding and fixing the problem.

The Mirror doesn't rotate in an SLR. It flips up.

Looks like a set of hot pixels to me. Assuming you bought a U.S. Version new (not refurb) it's still under warranty. I'd send it in.

It looks like a sensor issue to me also I would send it in for warranty. Your statement "I didn't drop it" etc. makes me suspicious of a guilty conscience in my experoence selling cameras 9 times out of 10 the people who came in for repairs and said what you said about dropping the camera usually dropped it. Just remember, if you dropped it they can tell and you will not be covered under warranty but good luck if you did not I hope you bought a model with a good warranty.

nikon d70s, i still have the receipt. I take really good care of my camera, so i am positive that i am not at fault.
I am concerned i will be without a camera for a while. Also the store i bought the camera at is 3 hours away. Can i take it into any Nikon dealer?

thanks for your help

JIP said:
Your statement "I didn't drop it" etc. makes me suspicious of a guilty conscience in my experoence selling cameras 9 times out of 10 the people who came in for repairs and said what you said about dropping the camera usually dropped it.

wow, so those words make you suspicious of a guilty conscience...?
What would it take to convince you otherwise? What words do people use that didn't drop it? Would they say 'I dropped it?'
I'm sorry but that's what I hate, from a consumer standpoint. If you go to a store they always think you did something wrong, no matter how honest you are. Now I see why.

pascal

Puscas said:
wow, so those words make you suspicious of a guilty conscience...?
What would it take to convince you otherwise? What words do people use that didn't drop it? Would they say 'I dropped it?'
I'm sorry but that's what I hate, from a consumer standpoint. If you go to a store they always think you did something wrong, no matter how honest you are. Now I see why.

pascal

Well for starters "what's wrong with my camera" anyone who immediately denies something before it is even suggested as a remote possibility might be hiding something. Also I did not mean to suggest that he did drop it just that if he did to be prepared for any repair dept. to be able to tell.

If you were going to explain to me that your car didnt start this morning, and you wanted me to tell you why, if you did not state right off the bat that you didnt leave the radio on all night the first question i would ask you is "did you leave your radio on all night?"

To help you help me, i first eliminate all possible "reasons" of how i might think this could have happened to narrow down the playing field. making your job eaiser...
Right off the bat i eliminate the problem comming from me dropping it, leaving it in the rain, letting my imaginary dog poop on it etc.
"well if this Skoundrel punk didnt drop his camera, then maybe the problem could be....."
Leaving it to????

Stuck pixels? can anyone confirm?
I read somewhere that its possible that these pixels were always "stuck" but the firmware in the camera compensates for these pixels and "covers them up"....?..?

I think you are going to have to start at the obvious place, somewhere that can repair your camera. It is obviously not something that you are doing wrong ie a bad setting or dirty sensor so it needs repaired. I have had very good luck with Nikon repairs I sent my D70s in for warranty repairs my pop-up flash quit working (and no I did not drop it nor did I say to them "I did not drop it so don't accuse me of it") and I told them I needed it back quickly for a wedding I was shooting (and no I did not need the pop-up for the wedding the warranty was expiring within a month if it breaking) and it was turned around in about 2 weeks or a little more. Normal turn around time for Nikon repairs (or so they claim) is about 7-10 days so if you have a warranty issue I would go straight to the source and get it fixed.

HAHAHAHAHAHA this post is funny..good to know that Nikon is good with this stuff. Im going to take it directly to the factory. Im glad its no greymarket! :lmao:
Thanks for everyones help

JIP said:
Well for starters "what's wrong with my camera" anyone who immediately denies something before it is even suggested as a remote possibility might be hiding something. Also I did not mean to suggest that he did drop it just that if he did to be prepared for any repair dept. to be able to tell.

Right, yes well...you just struck a nerve, that's all. No hard feelings. You've helped Skoundrel, that's all that matters, right?

pascal

if its a new camera and u still have the recept i would bring it back, it looks like some of the sencer pixels seems to have went a bit mad. is it on all the pics? have u been taking many pics? have u cleand the sencer its self with anything?

Most reactions

Back