What is this on my pictures????

its on all the pictures all of a sudden. ive probably taken bout....4000 pictures. I never change my lens (i have too many lenses to choose from.. the choice is too hard so i just keep the same one on) so i thought it would be better to not try to "clean" the sensor, if it aint broke dont fix it.

maybe it has something to do with me putting my camera in the freezer overnight. :meh:

skoundrel said:
its on all the pictures all of a sudden. ive probably taken

maybe it has something to do with me putting my camera in the freezer overnight. :meh:

could be something to do with it there

why did u do that? maybe read your instructions to see what temps it will work at? if u bring it back to the shop i probably wouldnt say that u put your camera in the freezer

You could always say " Good morning , I did't put my camera in the freezer overnight and I only threw it at the floor twice, But thay don't count as I missed both times . But for some unknown reason I have this artifact on all my images, When I shot it with a twelve bore (Gauge) last week I didn't notice anything at all (apart from a dark bit in the middle) but now I have this.. Could it have anything to do with my cleaning the sensor with a blue felt tipped pen ?" ...
There again maybe not..

Groupcaptainbonzo said:
Could it have anything to do with my cleaning the sensor with a blue felt tipped pen ?

you use pens to clean your sensor too....dont you?

and how was i suppost to know you shouldnt store your camera in the freezer?

I'm more curious why you were taking pictures of door knobs?...

BTW, whould you suggest throwing a camera over, or underhand?

I've found that with 40-year-old East German cameras, hurling at the ground is a surprisingly effective way to solve shutter problems... a bit like the old principle of hitting the TV to make it work. Physical violence may not be the best solution with digital SLRs or plasma screens though...

Fadi said:

BTW, whould you suggest throwing a camera over, or underhand?

Some of my firs DSLE shots where door knobs and similar things ...

anyway, i would definitely hand this camera in.
this is not dirt or some minor malfunction. this is a problem with the sensor or amplification ...

Fadi said:

ah, I now see that doorknobs dont excite everyone... i was wrong in my assumption.

It showed the bad pixels the best out of everything in my room. The pic was taken after i realized the problem to show exactly that.

at least i still have my video camera to film doorknobs till my camera gets back.

Obviously, as much as you would like to, you can't always help in these matters. However, on this occasion I feel only too much empowerment in this direction. Firstly, While your camera is away, I would be only too happy to let you borrow my extensive collection of door knobs, so that you don't feel as though you are missing anything. Also if I might make so bold as to suggest (Not that I don't you would have though of this already), If you hold both you hands out in front of you, Thumbs extended , One hand palm towards you, and the other palm away, Place thumbs to index fingers, Then squint through one eye as you look at your door knob through the resultant square apperture. You may now curl up your top pinkey while making a "Ku Tshhhh" sound. It's not as good as a proper camera, but it does help until the real one returns....

Groupcaptainbonzo said:
If you hold both you hands out in front of you, Thumbs extended , One hand palm towards you, and the other palm away, Place thumbs to index fingers, Then squint through one eye as you look at your door knob through the resultant square apperture. You may now curl up your top pinkey while making a "Ku Tshhhh" sound. It's not as good as a proper camera, but it does help until the real one returns....

Groupcaptainbonzo....i took your advice. but somehow managed to drop it... but the good news is my camera is back from nikon.

it WAS stuck pixels, and it WAS covered by warrenty. I took it directly to Nikon Canada and it took about 3 days.
I guess the tech guys couldnt tell the camera spent all that time in the microwave, dishwasher and freezer!

well, back to takin doorknob pictures!

Most reactions

Back