what is this type of photography called?

I would call it a cross between 'Multiple Exposure' and 'Digital Manipulation'.

It's fairly easy to do, you just take multiple shots and then use software to 'layer' parts of the images onto one another...erasing or masking the different layers to show all of the views of the subject.

Funny, when I tried to visit that link, I got this:

ZA.jpg

I have no idea why that happened to you, it worked fine for me.

Maybe I just have Zone Alarm set too strict. I just had a virus that wiped my laptop out, and i had to reload Windows onto it and all my other software. And as anyone who has had to do this knows, it takes the better part of a day.. So now I'm very cautious. I have never had a virus in all the years that I've been using a computer, so, as you can imagine, I was less than thrilled.

It's a sequence shot.

Funny, when I tried to visit that link, I got this:

ZA.jpg

I agree with Jerry...Get a real firewall (router) but now that you reloaded all of your software and operating system, now is the time to get Norton Ghost and get an image of a clean install. This way if you have to do it again, it will take only minutes instead of hours. :)

Get a mac.

LOL, I'm just kidding. I couldn't resist that one. I have no idea why that happened to you, it worked fine for me.

Problem with a mac is you would't even get that page, but a blank screen. All my macs keep crashing more than my pc's.

I'm not sure what's it's called, but regardless if you have a mac or a pc here's the general gist.

You'd want to set up a tripod so the overall shot stays the same or you can pan and set it up like a panorama. You just keep shooting with the same settings so all the pictures look the same. Put them in Photoshop or you favorite program and use layers. If you do the same area like in your example you'd use masks to allow the person to show through on each layer.

Not a step by step, but that's the general gist.

Maybe I just have Zone Alarm set too strict. I just had a virus that wiped my laptop out, and i had to reload Windows onto it and all my other software. And as anyone who has had to do this knows, it takes the better part of a day.. So now I'm very cautious. I have never had a virus in all the years that I've been using a computer, so, as you can imagine, I was less than thrilled.

I believe it has nothing to do with Mac or Windows. When a particular URL or domain receive a lot of complains regarding spyware/virus/phishing, it may be blacklisted so when users try to visit the site, the software will give you warning.

Google, yahoo search engine has something like that build-in as well. If your website got hacked and distributing virus for a while, google bot may found it and warn people when someone try to go to your site via google link. Firefox users sometimes may encounter similar results when visiting a site that is/was harmful. (if the site is a phishing site, it doesn't matter what computer you use)

Most reactions

Back