Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, I know there's a decent pic in here somewhere, but I can't quite get at it. What's wrong with this pic? Is it lighting, saturation, hue???? Help...

Shed_wall%20(Large).jpg

I think you may be a little close, however I think it works alot better in black and white. Reasonably high contrast and slightly darker in B&W really works for me on this.

Yeah i think everything is too muich the same color, not giveing t enough contrast between the subjects and background, I think b &w would be awesome

yeah, I'm with Danny on this one. You may wanna go with that "always leave room to crop" rule in the future.

Very neat find. I know with me, I would personally go for different angles and try to include neat shadows and such if you can reshoot. If not, black and white with sharper contrast would look great :thumbup:

This is the crop actually; it's about 1/3 of the whole frame, but the rest of the area was kind of boring. I'll try the B&W and see how that works, thanks! :D

hi tirediron, if you're still struggling after another go at it you may get benefit from allowing others to work it. sometimes 'seeing' what they're talking about helps ;) if you're interested, just respond with OTE (okay to edit) sit back and watch the magic! it's definitely helped me in the past.

i agree with you...there is something here to work with! good luck!

there is deffinatly a great photo (in)there. if this is a place you can go back to, with different light, i think you can get a killer photo.
i took a couple shots at it. my conversion skills lack a little.

my two hacks.

26352d7a.jpg

cfc11fd5.jpg

Picksure I love that second conversion! B&W was defiently a good choice for this.

tirediron, I think that both your conversions were good. I liked the first one better however. If the second was a touch less drastic, it'd be a fantastic version. I like the way the distressing/roughness of the board stick out.

tirediron, glad you like. i dont have any real techniques. i have paint shop pro 7 and have a habbit of playing with photos, sometimes for hours. for this one, i raised the saturation and then played with the brightness/contrast till the shot kinda jumped out, resized and then a slight sharpen. if you have a photo edit program, play with it. i have found that the same "technique" wont always work with every photo. play around and have fun with it.

one great tool to use is Airic's "magical light". early and late day sun have worked wonders with the pics i take.

Most reactions

Back