What is your End Game?

I am still working on "World Domination". It's a tough goal. Baby steps.

As far as my photography goal from my OP. That's kinda scrapped for now.
My business is doing well, and I have adopted some new technologies that are taking most of my free time to learn.
A lot goes into a business and doing it all yourself really hampers social life and hobbies.
I am so thankful that I absolutely :heart: what I do that the hours I put in aren't worked grudgingly.

I will continue to grow as a photographer, and maybe my original goal can be put off for retirement.

Last edited:
My end game?!!
I've accomplished more in the last year than I thought I ever would.....=) I don't know where I'm going from here but that's not a bad thing. I'm up for the adventure!! :sexywink:

Hmmm still at step 1 on the steep side of the learning curve, kinda obsessing... But loving it lol

I SUCK! Man, I take photos and they look really GOOD on the LCD screen, but it seems that when I get them to my computer they aren't what I was expecting them to be. :(

I'd like to get better, for me, so I can take images for fun, as a hobby, and perhaps if I get good enough and somebody says to me "hey, would you mind shooting some portraits of us for [insert holiday here]?", I can do that and maybe get some extra coin to help pay for this hobby.

I make too much income as it is to give up my career and make this my sole source of income. If I made enough to support my "habit," I think I'd be happy.

Getting involved with photography was simply a means to express myself artistically. I have no goals of making a dime off of this endeavor, however I wouldn't say no if it was offered to me.

I am currently a teacher, and it's doing my head in.
The wife bought me a camera 2 years ago when I turned 40. I had a Zenit 12XP back in '88-89 but sold it. should have kept it going!
I now take photos for pleasure, for my club, and recently in my little studio (studio sounds grand...it's not that big and is early days yet). I enjoy photography, and IF I could make my teaching salary doing photography I would quit right now. Under no illusions, though. I need FAR MORE experience and learning in photography to get there.
Right now, a few friends and friend of friends are happy to pay for a few portraits, or a disk with some photos of their latest theatre production on it. It's pocket money, not enough to buy the lenses I want just yet. but that will come, even if I don't end up professional and a "photographer by trade".

End game? Enjoy it, that at the very least. :)

Just to have fun with it, I don't need or want another job.

I enjoy taking photos and learning the process, alot of my friends are selling their souls for D800s and the latest equipment so they can become wedding photographers. I'd love to have a career in it but I'll see what happens.

I would love to replace my current career with photography.
I am slowly working towards getting myself set up for portrait photography. I don't want to shoot weddings but if asked nicely I would consider doing them again. I've never shot a wedding on digital, shooting on film was always so stressful.

I also like to shoot for the art of it. Love macro and textures. Love shooting series of images of a single subject (want to do a lot more of this).

End game?
Short term, part time portraits, selling art pieces on the side.
Long term, Replace my current career doing full time photography of different service types. I'd like to do architecture and would do inventory/insurance/estate shots (boring but could make for a profitable income).
The whole thought of going self employed is scary to my wife, though. Frankly, it is a bit to me too.

For this time being I am just trying to learn more photography, and take better pictures.

My ultimate goal? If I see something beautiful, I want people around me to see it too. What they make out of it is up to them, but I want to open this possibility for them to see and experience (to an extent) what I've seen an experienced.

I don't want to create art as what's around me is already so perfect, I just want others to see that beauty.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back