What is your favorite fruit?

Well I say don't change it, Spongebob is the coolest!!!

Yeah, whatever, but he looks like Picksure. It's been done.

Get over it, Ferny. :lol: We rely on your originality around here, not to mention your musical tastes to brighten the day. :thumbup:

Yeah, whatever, but he looks like Picksure.
She is so going to hurt you for that insult. :p

We rely on your originality around here, not to mention your musical tastes to brighten the day.
Are we talking Placebo or the tuneful notes escaping from my crack?

Last night at work, I noticed on the bulletin board someone posted a recipe (must have been something that was made at the most recent potluck that I wasn't at)...

This isn't the exact recipe, to what I found, but it's pretty close. It sounds SO GOOD!

Fruit Salsa and Chips:

2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 cups cinnamon sugar

1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

3. Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.

4. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit and spice mixture.

I went to HyVee Grocery after work and got all the ingredients, and I'm makin it for desert (or is it dessert...my brain isn't working right now) tommorrow to follow the roast chicken! :goodvibes:

Ferny will always be original in my book, just look at the new post he started...now go rub the lamp :lol:

ferny said:
Did I **** up again? Sorry.
:shock: Well, I don't know, honey....did you? :lol: And I was referring to Placebo, natch. ;)

Corry, this sounds awesome!!! :drool: It ought to be an amazing dessert....I want to hear how good it is when you're done. :thumbup: Plus if it's too labor-intensive for a lazycat like me. :mrgreen:

mentos_007 said:
Picksure is a girl???
I have no idea, so I'll go with Corry. Sorry Picksure.
The only explanation I can think of is that I always read your name as "PickSue". Honestly.

*shakes his head to get rid of the daemons*

Ferny will always be original in my book,
That's right, I'm eunuch.

:mrgreen: :(

And I was referring to Placebo, natch.
Phew. I won't have to take out that cork then.

And now I'm hungry again. Thanks Corry. :grumpy: I think I'll have to dive into my ice-cream now.

Hey! What'd I do??? I'm innocent, I tell ya!

Hey, I've got a question for y'all...when you are trying to eat better..dieting and such...do you become obsessed with food? I've been trying SO HARD to fight my urges for a big juicy fast food cheeseburger, or something else delicious...and it's killing me! It seems like all I can think about is FOOD! How can I diet when all I can think of is FOOD??? AAAAH!

Hey, I've got a question for y'all...when you are trying to eat better..dieting and such...do you become obsessed with food? I've been trying SO HARD to fight my urges for a big juicy fast food cheeseburger, or something else delicious...and it's killing me! It seems like all I can think about is FOOD! How can I diet when all I can think of is FOOD??? AAAAH!
Fast food normally contains huge amounts of fat and sugar. You body gets addicted to it just like it does to coffee. When you go cold turkey you crave it. Plus it's on your mind if you're actively trying not to eat something. Personally, I don't think it'd do you any harm eating the odd one now and then. No point in depriving yourself and getting low as it jsut makes things harder. That's when you'll fail.

core_17 said:
Hey! What'd I do??? I'm innocent, I tell ya!

No no, it's GOOD that you're thinking about food, because you're actually considering your choices at the moment....but you're letting it drive ya nuts. ;)

This may sound simplistic, but.....try not to let it matter so much. You know? You're doing great, cooking up the roast chicken and making this fruit dessert. Just keep at it, until you don't have to focus on it so hard!

And you can have a grilled burger if you want one, sweetie!!! Just not the disgusting fast food kind. Make some up at home or at Erik's and grill 'em....tastes SO much better. Just leave off the cheese and pile on the lettuce and tomato. ;) Have some cottage cheese and some pickles and fruit for dessert....you'll be stuffed!!

Honestly, I don't eat fast food that often...once a week is stretching it. It's usually less than that. But that's what I'm craving right now!!! Thought I'm feeling a bit better right now...I went for a walk, and treated myself to an oreo ice cream flurry...mmmmmm...

Most reactions

Back