What is YOUR favorite lens in your posession?

I shoot crop body cameras...and I think 24mm is too long for a 'standard' lens on those cameras. I already have a Tamron 17-50mm F2.8.

I tend to agree. I shoot frequently at the wider end of my Tamron 17-50 f2.8 which is my walkabout lens. That's why I bought myself a 10-20. By the time you hit the 50 end, you're in portrait territory.

I have to say I do love my 70-200 F2.8,
This may change on the 31st when my D700 comes in. I think I am going to like my 24-70 f2.8 on that body.

I shoot crop body cameras...and I think 24mm is too long for a 'standard' lens on those cameras. I already have a Tamron 17-50mm F2.8.

well okay then.... congrats on your 16-35 2.8!!!!!!

first test i recommend on the rugged l series is a drop test..... shoulder height should be sufficient.... let us know how it goes....

I have to say I do love my 70-200 F2.8,
This may change on the 31st when my D700 comes in. I think I am going to like my 24-70 f2.8 on that body.

Got a price for me on your D300 yet???

Well, I've only got 3 lenses lol (4 if you count an OLD superzoom), but I love my Nikkor AI 50mm f/1.8. Sure, I have to manually focus and use manual exposure, but there really is no other style of lens like a fast 50mm prime. Opens up a ton of new opportunities.

well okay then.... congrats on your 16-35 2.8!!!!!!

first test i recommend on the rugged l series is a drop test..... shoulder height should be sufficient.... let us know how it goes....

I've already got the EF-S 10-22mm to cover the wide end...

I've already got the EF-S 10-22mm to cover the wide end...

funny... my first guess was the 70-200 but I didn't see any reason for you to have...

ENJOY your 70-200!!!!!!

Because it's a bigger lens... you realize of course the drop test has to be higher up... just above your head will do....

I'm not saying that I got a 70-200mm...but if I did, which of the 4 versions would you guess?

I'm not saying that I got a 70-200mm...but if I did, which of the 4 versions would you guess?

Well... I expect it's aperture to Rhyme with "Sex is Great"

and have a product description like this

[FONT=arial,geneva,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Incorporating Canon’s second generation Image Stabilization technology, this telephoto zoom responds in as little at 0.5 seconds, while providing up to three stops of correction for camera shake. Its AF system has been refined for better response time and tracking speed. And even the new 8-blade circular aperture offers a more pleasing out-of-focus image. Constructed to pro standards, this fast zoom is also highly resistant to dust and moisture, too.[/SIZE][/FONT]

that would -- er is -- the same choice I made!

I will neither confirm nor deny... :D

NICE WORK!!!!

Don't forget to put a cheap UV filter on the end of it.... maybe stack two or three of them just to keep it real safe....

You will also want to paint the red ring black so people won't want to steal it...

I think you mean not just the red ring - but the whole lens! (the big white lens is rather a giveaway ;))

I think you mean not just the red ring - but the whole lens! (the big white lens is rather a giveaway ;))

lol.... can you tell I shoot Nikon????

Overread is right..... grab a can of flat black spray paint and cover that puppy up....

Otherwise your're gonna look like a pimp.... were gonna have to start calling you 50-Mike....

If I didn't want anybody to steal it...I'd just write 'Nikon' on it. :taped sh: :lol: :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back