What is your favorite lense and why?

mommy22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

I currently have the Nikkor 18-55mm kit lense, a 70mm-300mm lense( also came with the camera) and a 50mm 1.8-all Nikon. I want a new lense... I like to do portraits of my girls and family etc.. I am not a fan of my own camera flash and recently got a SB 600 which I am still learning to use correctly. Oh-and I have a D80.

So I want people's opinions on the question above...

Thanks,
Khristina

My 70-200 2.8 but if you want to do portraits you should check out the nikkor 85 1.4
tj

Last edited:
Tamron 70-200 2.8! Fast lens, sharp pictures and great bokeh.

Well it's the 85mm f/1.4.....i just don't have it yet. :er:

I used to have the 300F4 non is, what a lens, i don't find the f2.8 heavy it can be hand held all day

I've got the IS version. I just wish I had the money to afford the 2.8 version is all!

To the OP....my favorite has to be my 70-200 f/4 only because I use it the most.

My Nikon 70-200 F2.8 VRII I basically have him on my camera by default.

BigmaD90.jpg

It's a guy thing! ;)

I'm also quite fond of my Nikon 24-70mm. That's what's most often mounted on the body of the day.

I currently have the Nikkor 18-55mm kit lense, a 70mm-300mm lense( also came with the camera) and a 50mm 1.8-all Nikon. I want a new lense... I like to do portraits of my girls and family etc.. I am not a fan of my own camera flash and recently got a SB 600 which I am still learning to use correctly. Oh-and I have a D80.

So I want people's opinions on the question above...

Thanks,
Khristina

Khristina,

I have a very similar equipment base as you do. My last lens was the 50mm 1.8, which I LOVE. I do a lot of portraits of my daughter and it has been great. I also have a 105mm 2.8 macro lens which has been nice. I use it for some portraits, macro and more recently it was a great choice for some live photos of my daughter's dance performance.

Can I ask WHY you want a new lens? What are your current lenses not doing that you want them to? Are you looking to branch out to other types of photos? I've heard a lot of good comments about the Tamron 11mm-18mm and the Sigma 10mm-20mm. It is likely that one of these will be my next lens purchase.

Ryan

BigmaD90.jpg

It's a guy thing! ;)

I'm also quite fond of my Nikon 24-70mm. That's what's most often mounted on the body of the day.

That was Hilarius LOL :lmao::lmao:

Holy s*** that's a big lense!!!

Most reactions

Back