What is your favorite/sharpest L lens

STINKY PICTURES

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Whats you favorite L lens, the one you keep on your camera most of the time? The one you use and reach for constantly, the sharpest you own.

OK edited to add.... if what you have isn`t L but you love it and its sharp as a tac... add it!!

We new people need to know whats out there.

What I'm about to say might cause argument. I know L series are wonderful and used by professionals but I'm trying to help.

There are a lot of non L prime lenses that have been known to be sharper than L lenses. I have even read that the 90.00 50mm f/1.8 is sharper than the 24/70 L lense.

is your question you want to buy an L lense and not sure which to get...I know this is an issue I have because I feel like I'm making an once in a lifetime choice when considering an L lense and don't want buyers remorse.

from what I'm seeing in this forum the 70-200mm f/2.8 , 24-70, 35mm, are very commonly used as primary lenses in this forum.

So... I guess... quite frankly... I have no idea why I responded to this thread... LOL...

I consider my 17-40 f/4 L sharper than my 24-105 f/4 L. I use both equally often I would say.

My 50mm f/1.4 plays in the same league as the 17-40, although not L.

My 300 f/4 L is more a special purpose lens for me, but if stopped down just a bit, it is the sharpest glass I own.

As a rule I think primes will almost always be sharper than zoom lenses, hence why the 50 1.8 is so sharp even though it is so cheap.

I have heard some people describe some of the L primes as being so sharp the pictures cut your eyes!! :thumbsup:

Almost always? Something doesn't add up! :meh::mrgreen:;)

I don't have a lot of experience with lenses, but I'm very happy with my Sigma 50-150 f2.8. Plus it works with the D40, so big plus there! :)

LOL... I only have one L lens... Most of my other lens (see my gear list) stay in my bag...

16-35mm F2.8
24-70mm F2.8
70-200mm F2.8 IS
300mm F2.8 IS

I may not have a life but I have some good lenses

Whats you favorite L lens, the one you keep on your camera most of the time? The one you use and reach for constantly, the sharpest you own.

OK edited to add.... if what you have isn`t L but you love it and its sharp as a tac... add it!!

We new people need to know whats out there.

Difficult to answer. My favorite lens is not my sharpest lens and neither of the two is the lens that I keep on my camera most of the time! (The most versatile lens is the one that's usually on my camera.)

My favorite is 28-85. My sharpest is either 50mm f/1.4 or 85mm f/1.8. My most versatile is 18-200VR.

My sharpest lens is my 100-400 L. It's my favorite too, as I like to shoot outdoors. Needs a lot of light though.

Most reactions

Back