What is your favorite/sharpest L lens

would the 135 f/2 L be considered a prime lens?

My Nikon 50mm f1.4

Or maybe my Nikon 135mm f2.8

Or maybe my Leica 50mm f2

Or maybe my Leica 135mm f2.8

I don’t know.

I once did a sharpness test between a Nikon and Minolta, both 50mm f1.4. I couldn’t come up with a winner.

My favorite is probably a Maxxum 24-85mm f3.5-4.5. It's why I'm keeping my 7si.

Sharpest = 400mm f2.8
Favorite = 70-200 f2.8
Most used = 24-70 f2.8

Stinky - the 135 f2 is definitely a prime lense, and from what I hear a very sharp one at that!!

A prime lense is one that does not zoom, such as a 50mm, 85mm, 100mm, 135mm, 200mm, ....etc.

My Nikon 50mm f1.4

Or maybe my Nikon 135mm f2.8

Or maybe my Leica 50mm f2

Or maybe my Leica 135mm f2.8

I don’t know.

I once did a sharpness test between a Nikon and Minolta, both 50mm f1.4. I couldn’t come up with a winner.

My favorite is probably a Maxxum 24-85mm f3.5-4.5. It's why I'm keeping my 7si.

hehehe... I think OP meant Canon L's but thanks for postin...

I don't have "L"s......but I do have Gold Rings!!! :lmao:

Sharpest? I would have to say my 70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM.
Favorite ? That would be my 100-400 L I use it all the time.

I suspect come wednesday I will have to change sharpest to the EF 400 f2.8 IS USM that should show up here in that big brown truck:wink:

The sharpest lens I own are definately the primes. Sigmas (105mm F/2.8 and the 30mm F/1.4) and the Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, but I have many favorites.

My favorite lens is the lens that gets me the results that I want for a particular situation.

My next lens is likely the 85mm F/1.4 and I was about to purchase it, but someone mentioned a rumor that there may be another version coming out soon... so I decided to hold off the purchase a little while.

Favorite: 70-200 f/2.8L IS
Sharpest: I think it's the 100 f/2.8 macro

On camera the most: 17-40L w/ 580EXII ... I do mostly, chase daughter in house shots

Days are getting warmer and longer - looking forward for more 70-200 opportunities :)

OK I just have to ask, this is driving me crazy...
what is that handle thing on the side of this lens for? (70-200 f/2.8L IS)
(see link below) i`ve checked out this lens at least 4 times because its been recommend on this thread. And i`m looking up everybody's favorite lens. And that lens is like no other lens i ever saw before its got me puzzled. why the handle? I read the info on it and i didn`t see why the handle thing was there. can someone enlighten me please. i`m sure its not a handle but i don`t know what its for.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/234444-USA/Canon_7042A002_70_200mm_f_2_8L_IS_USM.html

OK I just have to ask, this is driving me crazy...
what is that handle thing on the side of this lens for? (70-200 f/2.8L IS)
(see link below) i`ve checked out this lens at least 4 times because its been recommend on this thread. And i`m looking up everybody's favorite lens. And that lens is like no other lens i ever saw before its got me puzzled. why the handle? I read the info on it and i didn`t see why the handle thing was there. can someone enlighten me please. i`m sure its not a handle but i don`t know what its for.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/234444-USA/Canon_7042A002_70_200mm_f_2_8L_IS_USM.html

thats the bottom of the lens not the side. its suppose to mount on a tripod. bigger lenses mount on the tripod as opposed to the camera being mounted.

oh and its called a tripod collar

Thanks for the answer. I guess thats quite a lens if it needs to be on a tripod. I had no clue!

Most reactions

Back