What is your favourite music/bands?

and now to continue with my list (in no particular order)
Flaming Lips
Mars Volta
Queens of the Stone Age
Bob Dylan
Pink Floyd
Moby
Jimi Hendrix
Pearl Jam
Foo Fighters
Nirvana
Tristania (Norwegian Metal)
Rob D
Audioslave
Roots (one exception of rap that’s decent)
(some)Elton John
Led Zeppelin
The Doors

ZacKrohn said:
"As a true music lover the genre doesn't matter. It's the music that counts. If it's good I like it. With that said, most Rap and modern country does not fall into the good music category... but there are exceptions. "
I feel that to the bones...umm lets see
Flaming Lips are at the top of my list right now...no time now add more later

that's what i always say :lol:

Sarah McLachlan is my favorite and I tend to listen to her quite a bit. The rest of the time it depends on my mood, ranging from Tool/NIN to No Doubt to Classical to Metallica. I tend to listen to Heavy Metal when I driving so beware the Blue Focus.

you know, it's funny... this list i posted here is coming in MIGHTY handy now that all my CDs have been stolen. :pissed:

carlita said:
you know, it's funny... this list i posted here is coming in MIGHTY handy now that all my CDs have been stolen. :pissed:

Sorry Carli that sucks. I've had a few friends who had their cd wallets stolen from the cars. You may not think about it, but cd collections are worth a lot.

TwistMyArm said:
carlita said:

Sorry Carli that sucks. I've had a few friends who had their cd wallets stolen from the cars. You may not think about it, but cd collections are worth a lot.

yeah, that's exactly what happened to me last night at the movie theater. i spent today runnin around filing the police report (for attempted auto theft as well as burglary actually... cause they broke apart the plastic covering around my steering column), cancelling my ATM card, getting a new blockbuster card and making as accurate of an itemized list as i can of everything that they took.

when my brother's car got broken into a couple of years ago he said our insurance company paid a flat rate of 13 bucks per CD... i had roughly 70 of them in there. so, i'll get the money for those minus the $250 deductable. i should also be getting a little something for my wallet and my CD case. probably not a whole lot, but still.

i'm just glad they seem to have been so incompetent. there was a lot more stuff they could have taken. like the airbags, the cell phone chargers, a tripod i had in my trunk... plus my stereo (which they tried to take and really only broke parts of instead, though it still functions), my amp and my 2 subs. all they got was my wallet (which had no cash, credit cards OR my driver's license in it, thank god... though my social security card was in it... OUCH! :-?) and my CDs.

i hope they hate my taste in music. :p

carlita said:
TwistMyArm said:
carlita said:

yeah, that's exactly what happened to me last night at the movie theater. i spent today runnin around filing the police report (for attempted auto theft as well as burglary actually... cause they broke apart the plastic covering around my steering column), cancelling my ATM card, getting a new blockbuster card and making as accurate of an itemized list as i can of everything that they took.

when my brother's car got broken into a couple of years ago he said our insurance company paid a flat rate of 13 bucks per CD... i had roughly 70 of them in there. so, i'll get the money for those minus the $250 deductable. i should also be getting a little something for my wallet and my CD case. probably not a whole lot, but still.

i'm just glad they seem to have been so incompetent. there was a lot more stuff they could have taken. like the airbags, the cell phone chargers, a tripod i had in my trunk... plus my stereo (which they tried to take and really only broke parts of instead, though it still functions), my amp and my 2 subs. all they got was my wallet (which had no cash, credit cards OR my driver's license in it, thank god... though my social security card was in it... OUCH! :-?) and my CDs.

i hope they hate my taste in music. :p

This happened to me a few years ago, though only 10 CD's were stolen. Since then I have been copying my new CD's and putting the originals in my home CD rack and the copies go in the car. This practice also saved me some grief when I left my CD wallet on the dash of a rental car in Phoenix. The CD's never worked well after that.

Carli, sorry to hear that happened to you. I know that pain all too well -- well, in a different way. My car was stolen in May. Thankfully I didn't have anything in it for them to steal. I stopped doing that a few years ago because my car has been broken into so many times.

Is your car still drivable? The covering to my steering column was completely broken off but they also screwed up the ignition. (oh, by the way, did I mention it was recovered 2 days later?)

I bought a lock thinky that goes over the brake pedal so hopefully if there is a next time they won't bother when they see they can't brake even if they start it!

Anyway, good luck with that!

Min, I listened to Second Fiddle today and thought of you!

Not Neve said:
I bought a lock thinky that goes over the brake pedal so hopefully if there is a next time they won't bother when they see they can't brake even if they start it!

Not to scare you or anything but I had a Camaro that some kids tried to steal. They couldn't get it started (mainly because the Carb was sitting on my mechanics work bench) and when they failed they set it on fire.

Most reactions

Back