What is your first photo of 2018?

The inside of my jacket pocket lint and a few pennies and maybe a few snack crumbs from my Samsung Galaxy S6 otherwise nothing yet.

Besides the shots I took arguing with my light meter (which I’m not counting) It was this one when I was practicing my black on black background lighting. As you can see my subject was quite enthusiastic about posing.

25566148948_910743c0ae_b.jpg

Cane Corso?

Does this count? Phone foodie shot?
I love these bean bun things. Need to find a place that sells them.

Attachments

• fudz.jpg
    fudz.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 132
Reminder to.pick one up for the Canon AE1. SOOC. I'm getting good. I left it on like a moron.
20180101_171701.jpg

I used a not even close to waterproof wool hat.

My first images were an attempt at photographying freezing/frozen bubbles. I haven't processed them yet but they aren't near as cool I would like for them to be.

1/1/18 First time out with my d7200 (and 35 1.8) Went to Los Angeles County Museum of Art and saw this woman reading information on the wall about the Chagall exhibit. I really like my d5100, but the 7200 can see in the dark!
DSC_0023.jpeg
Lets see how you started your photographic journey of the new year.

Here's mine.

Last edited:
The weather has been less than perfect for the past couple of days making shooting outside virtually impossible for the new year thus far. I decided to fiddle around, indoors, with these dominoes and my Samsung phone and came up with this shot. I think its simple but effective.

Attachments

• 20180101_095350crp.jpg
    20180101_095350crp.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 114
Mine are still in the camera but I'll post any that came out okay once I've got to the end of the roll and developed it.

My first of 2018:

My first images were an attempt at photographying freezing/frozen bubbles. I haven't processed them yet but they aren't near as cool I would like for them to be.

I had fun with the frozen bubbles on Saturday but the light was dull and overcast so definitely going to try again soon. It was too windy the rest of the weekend - maybe tomorrow although... it may "warm up" to 25 here...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back