what is your place in the world...

Matt you sound like my son in law...

True about the joys, what I was trying to say was it's easy to get paid for a shot now and then, but it isn't as easy to make a living at it as it seems when you are young. Anyone in the business will tell you it is hard damn work.

Don't rush head long into the small business administration with a loan application based on having done two weddings last year. Especially do not tell your boss where he can kiss you.

Still for those who do the work and have the commitment and a wife/husband who works it can be a great life.

And the babysitter remark was dead on... Should have added that

snownow said:
Answer #5 Baby sitter?

Yeah, and part wedding consultant. In about half the weddings I have to give advice about things like how to go about cutting the cake. They're standing there staring at me with that what-do-we-do-now? look, surrounded by a mob of salivating relatives, and I'm like "Just cut the cake, try not to knock it over, feed each other, and a kiss..." ;)

I wish I had ten dollars (inflation) for everytime I stood waiting while the bride and groome stood looking at the cake. The wedding director had gone home I guess.

I Agree with everyone else you just wind up doing it, cause you have been to more than anyone else there. I have been tempted to demonstrate how to kiss the bride, but never went quite that far.

Caterer, I supply the people with what they want! ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back