what is YOUR set-up - batteries and flash

Mike - here's hoping - I'll report later, and thanks for the tip. One more question: what's the aftermarket brand of BP-11 rechargeable battery everyone likes? You and a few others have mentioned it, and I need backups...starts with a "P" I think?

Hey Jerry - you said "If I was presented with the challenge of reviving 4 old battieries by paying $60 for a charger or using a $20 charger and it came with 4 2800's... I would do the cheaper thing. In the short and long term it comes out cheaper. By the time the battery reviver pays for itself, I've gone through MANY years of no hassle battery usage."

Couldn't have agreed more...BUT - I have 5 kids, and kids are like fertilizer at a battery farm: I just counted the Energizer, Memorex, Panasonic, and various other AA's laying in a drawer: I have 47 loose, and probably another 25 slowly dying in devices somewhere...none in my cameras. I have 18 AAA's too. I am constantly changing them out in the trains, ovens, growling dinosaurs, remote controll Lightning McQueen race cars, and various other toys.

So I get this: very useful chargers, 16 very trustworthy new batteries, a means to revive all those old batteries that stopped working (most are 3-6 years old) and the cost of the chargers turns out to be about $25 after the cost of the batteries is factored in. Not a bad deal, and I probably won't have to buy new batts for what, 67 years?

Now I have to go check on my stock market portfolio - I should have bought more battery stocks...

Mike - here's hoping - I'll report later, and thanks for the tip. One more question: what's the aftermarket brand of BP-11 rechargeable battery everyone likes? You and a few others have mentioned it, and I need backups...starts with a "P" I think?
Sterlingtek.com

Thats it. Thanks, Mike. Off I go, to spend more money...

I think this thread has gone stale, but I wanted to add a little poke to Mike for his recommendation. I ordered a pair of La Crosse chargers, each with 8 Enerloop batteries, from Thomas Distibuting at about 9:00 AM Tuesday. It's Thursday, and the package arrived this morning at 10:00.

I love it when online purchases go so well. Thanks for the tip, Mike.

I'm going to run these batteries past my voltmeter and I'll tell you how they work...as soon as Adorama get's my flashes in stock.

Cheers.

Most reactions

Back