What is your "worst birthday" story

jcdeboever, that's a pretty bad birthday. And a good one, too. Think yours tops mine, though.

Just before my 8th birthday, my grandfather had a massive heart attack. Here one minute, gone the next. I was there and nothing the adults did made a difference. The worst part.......Guess when the funeral was? Yep, it was a crummy birthday.

jcdeboever, that's a pretty bad birthday. And a good one, too. Think yours tops mine, though.

Just before my 8th birthday, my grandfather had a massive heart attack. Here one minute, gone the next. I was there and nothing the adults did made a difference. The worst part.......Guess when the funeral was? Yep, it was a crummy birthday.
That's horrible. I had a friend in school whose Dad passed away on his 8th Birthday. He'd gone out with his Mom to pick up his cake and they came home to find his Dad dead from a heart attack (undiagnosed heart condition).

As for me, I'd have to say my 11th Birthday. I'd had severe bronchitis for nearly 3 weeks and the meds the Dr's had given me weren't working. I spent my Birthday on a 30 hour flight from DC to BKK with a 105+ degree temp, barely able to breath and trying my best to hack up a lung or two. I'm surprised they let me on the plane. The one good thing is that Charat (sp?, he was our driver at the Embassy in BKK) took one look at me when we arrived and headed to the closest pharmacy to get me some decent drugs. I went from being extremely sick to playing in the pool in about a day. No idea what he gave me but it worked better than the antibiotics I had already been on for nearly 3 weeks!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back