What ISO for TLR?

memento

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently inherited my grandpa's old Argoflex camera.
I must admit, I've never used a film camera before.
I'm dying to know if I can relate what I've learned about the 'photographic triangle' to real film.
Which brings me to my question, what ISO film to get?
I found some Kodak 620 film at B&H and it seems to come in three speeds(?).. 100, 125 and 400.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/336/Other_Film_Formats_110_127_620_828.html
So if I wanted to take a portrait of my mom, with my daughter(to give to great-grandma!) I should get 100. right?
Is there a big difference between 100 & 125?
What is 400 for?
The shutter seems fast enough for hand held use.. but certainly not fast enough for sports and what not, so why would you need 400?

It's totally dependent on the light. If you have lots of light, or are using a tripod and shooting a static subject, then 100 would be the way to go. If you don't have a lot of light and/or need shutter speeds fast enough to freeze camera or subject movement, then you would want faster film.

I use a lot of 125 Pan-X because it's easier to use Sunny 16 that way with my Bronica. Any of those should be good. Use the 100 and the 125 for bright days and the 400 for darker scenes. You might have to experiment. And don't expect to get the best shots right away. It'll take some practice.

I only plan on using it in ideal light conditions so speed shouldn't be a factor, 100 it is.

I don't think you can adjust shutter speed on this camera, so ISO400 is good for bad light conditions, i guess.. like a cloudy day?

I use a lot of 125 Pan-X because it's easier to use Sunny 16 that way with my Bronica. Any of those should be good. Use the 100 and the 125 for bright days and the 400 for darker scenes.

well that answers that.

You might have to experiment. And don't expect to get the best shots right away. It'll take some practice.

I don't expect to get anything.. at first.

at first!

but I'll figure it out!!

and barrage TPF with thousands..
of PERFECTLY exposed B&W's... muaahahahahahaaa............

(sorry, got carried away)

what a minute, how in the world do you upload.. FILM?

what a minute, how in the world do you upload.. FILM?

You scan your prints on a flatbed. You will be disappointed with the results but remember....digipics look their best on screen, but on the wall they lose their luster.

Good prints scan poorly, but pop right out at you "in the flesh".

So just roll with it, and attend "get togethers" where you can show your physical portfolio, and then be quietly smug.:sexywink:

It's also nice that they pay up to 20 bucks for a very good quality inkjet/lightjet (at least here in canada) and you pay 30-50 cents per sheet of real photo paper (if you enlarge yourself).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back