What it is like to be a wedding photographer!

Epic Photography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
weddings.epicphotography.com.au
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey beginner wedding photographers! Not sure if you're interested but I just finished publishing this article about EXACTLY what it is like to step into the shoes of a wedding photographer on shoot day! It's a straight to the point, no fluff detailed description of the whole day, start to end...

I would really LOVE SOME FEEDBACK as it's my first article :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They explain why?

Thanks for explaining that for me.

You can put the link in your signature, but you can't put the link in a thread. LOL! That's too funny!

"Hello! Tech support here. What can I help you with today?"
"I have X problem."
"Sorry, my job description doesn't tell me how to deal with X problem - Only A, B or Z, and I'm not allowed to use my common sense in such cases. Goodbye!"

:D

It's just that the Admins don't want people just starting threads linking their blog site or whatever trying to drive traffic off site while not adding actual content here. The forum is about contributing here, on this forum. They don't want the forum just used for click bait.

So, write article in this thread. I still want to read it.

that is exactly what the site owners want.
if you have an article in a blog you want to share, fine. post the article here. I have not seen any fussing over people having links to their blog in their signature. whats the difference? the difference is, one seems to be ok by the admins and the other is not. The idea behind having to post the article here instead of just a link is that it promotes discussion HERE on this site and not off site somewhere. otherwise what we (could) end up with is a bunch of bloggers signing up here just to post a link to their blog every article they wright with little to no actual TPF contribution.

Other than that, I really don't have any other reasons other than "because the owners say so".

So, write article in this thread. I still want to read it.

that is exactly what the site owners want.
if you have an article in a blog you want to share, fine. post the article here. I have not seen any fussing over people having links to their blog in their signature. whats the difference? the difference is, one seems to be ok by the admins and the other is not. The idea behind having to post the article here instead of just a link is that it promotes discussion HERE on this site and not off site somewhere. otherwise what we (could) end up with is a bunch of bloggers signing up here just to post a link to their blog every article they wright with little to no actual TPF contribution.

Other than that, I really don't have any other reasons other than "because the owners say so".
There's also the fact that the forum software expects to find links in the signature area and can treat them differently than those in the body of a post.

Most reactions

Back