What Jobs go with photography?

Yeah I know what you mean. There is a lot that goes into getting court certified.

I'm a certified court expert at both the State & Federal Level in the area of Narcotics and Narcotics crimes as well as Asset Forfeiture. Fortunately now that I have retired I have been able to retire from that side as well. A couple of years before I retired I let the department know my general timeframe for retirement and they brought sent a couple of younger folks to the necessary trainings to get certified. I assisted in their training as well as one of the people also trained to take my job.

To paraphrase gryphonslair, any kind of job or jobs that go hand in hand with photography together with the most important attributes: hard work and good attitude of which I have none. Just learned them from my cousin. Phd Psychology. Or even if you do not have a good attitude like weird geniuses. And that means going over your work again and again and again and again or spending hours in front of your computer mastering Photoshop and/or Lightroom. Ansel Adams had a published biography. Read about his work ethics.

Last edited:
I've been wondering what jobs mix well with photography. It seems photography as a single career is really hard. So what could you do??? The only job I thought of was Journalism, writing about the pictures you take. Having a story to tell after your extreme adventure. I hope thats not the only major. English has never been a strong point. I've always been a math and science person... But if I have too ill start sticking my head in English books!!!

if you're a "math and science" person stay with those subjects. (and business)
The photography career jobs have all been severely diminished or outright disappeared with the onset of digital cameras and the internet, ..... sad but true

Dentistry....all those dentists have so much money for camera gear

I've been wondering what jobs mix well with photography. It seems photography as a single career is really hard. So what could you do??? The only job I thought of was Journalism, writing about the pictures you take. Having a story to tell after your extreme adventure. I hope thats not the only major. English has never been a strong point. I've always been a math and science person... But if I have too ill start sticking my head in English books!!!

if you're a "math and science" person stay with those subjects. (and business)
The photography career jobs have all been severely diminished or outright disappeared with the onset of digital cameras and the internet, ..... sad but true
it's not the onset of digital cameras, it is the complete collapse of the mass media industry.

Dentistry....all those dentists have so much money for camera gear

there is some truth in that, dentists seem to have a lot of disposable income

If you're open to relocation, go to one of the jobs sites like Monster Jobs or indeed and see what you might be open to. You'll see a lot of opportunities.

I agree that in most cases you're better off finding a career doing something that pays well and allows enough time off that you can enjoy photography as a hobby or secondary income source.

I use photography in website design, but I don't make enough money building cheap websites to keep the bill collector from the doorstep. If my husband didn't have a good paying job, I'd need to push web design to the weekends and get a real job.

Thx alot everyone for all the replies!!!

Military has combat camera positions.

Graphic Design. Finding quality photos of things you need quality photos of on a short deadline is often impossible. That need as a designer is what got me into photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back