What kind of camera should I start with?

STOFFEL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Someone told me to start with a Canon Digital Rebel. I dont want to become a pro., just want to be able to take very nice pictures?
What kind of camera is best? Any help is greatly appreciated.

eh I would say try and find a nice used 20D or 30D maybe even a 40D if you hve the budget for it. You will be able to grow a lot more with a xxD series body. Its a bigger body and feels more solid. I have played with both the xxD series and Rebel line.... I own a 30D because the Rebels feel to small and dinky to me. The xxD will be something you can have and get better with for a longer time. Shutters are rated for higher life as well....

Lots to think about and consider. You didn't post a budget which alo makes it tought to recommended you anything. You might only have the budget for an XS or XSi so in that case you can't get a 30D and I would recommend getting what you can afford.

Also it is NOT the camera that takes the "nice pictures" its you, so I would recommend getting some literature for it to learn about exposure and composition.

Hope this helps
-Collin

Do you, in fact, really care about being able to change lenses? Or are you simply concerned with a quality photo where everything is in focus and the colors are bright and true?

Also, will you be shooting fast moving objects? (kids, cars, planes and the like)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back