What kind of camera were you using 12 years ago

Believe it was the N70 at that time, then stepped into F100. Just sold that N70 to a friend of the family starting photography classes and needing something simple.
-
Shoot well, Joe

Minolta Dynax 505si Super Just this year on holiday I managed to smash minolta 75-300 lens I bought with that cameta. ( lens flew 6 storeys and amazingly front and rear glass stayed untouched ( but rest is completely shattered so it sounds like coffe grinder :))

Nikon F2's and Pentax 67. From 1971 up to the day I went digital. After the F2 there wasn't much else needed in bodies. Glass on the other hand changed and was upgraded over the years.

I was only 7, however I was already playing with my dad's minolta x-700 (and getting yelled at for wasting film haha). I later used it to learn on and take a B&W photography class when I was 14. It also served as practice for product lighting for a short time, as you can see below:

i-v6PZpC6-X2.jpg

Let's see, I was still in college so, Pentax K1000 with a 50mm lens. The next year I would start working at a Motophoto and we used a Hasselblad 501C (was a new camera at the time for us, our back ups were 2 Nikon FM2's)

Minolta SRT 101, and Minolta X-700. Still have both cameras in the closet. The 101 is built like a Bradley tank. LOL!

I think most of the young ones in here won't be able to answer this question, and be honest with the answers.

You know what's hilarious? A 'veteran' with so much experience to offer should be able to answer his own question. Yet you didn't.

Lazy much?

I shot with a Canon AE-1 and a Pentax.

I'm not sure why you had to yell your swell response, I offered up an interesting question as the 12 year point was just prior to the big digital change. I was shooting film, I had 2 EOS 1 bodies and 4 F1 bodies.

So Tyler what seems to be your boggle? The question makes perfect sense, if the young ones on here are 20-25 years old that puts them at an age where owning a camera was out of reach. Is that what is so hilarious? I guess I just didn't understand the point of your large font, do you have large font envy, can you explain?

7xi-M.jpg

xg-1-M.jpg

and a Mamiya/Sekor DTL1000 which unfortunately perished in an auto accident

the mamiya was by far my favorite

In 1999 I was shooting three Nikon models: an F3-HP with MD-4, or an FE-2, or an FM, each with MD-12 motor drives. For rollfilm, I was using a Bronica SQ-AM with both 6x6 and 645 backs. For 4x5 work for small product adverts, I was shooting a Linhof view camera made back during the Eisenhower administration! I never had an autofocus SLR camera until the Nikon D1 in 2001.

Most reactions

Back