what kind of sofeware do you use for photo editing?

If you know a student, the student discount for PS5 is $199. Pretty cheap, actually.

I am using Gimp at the moment since I can't afford to drop the cash at this time for photoshop. All not a full photo editing software I downloaded this today Oloneo - Home it is a lighting software which seems cool but I haven't had time today to really check it out.

For processing (color balancing, exposure, sharpening, curves, cropping, levels, etc.) I use "Raw Therapee".

Then if any retouching is needed, I export it to Gimp.

Just got my first editing softwere ever. CS5 extended and love it. Lots to learn tho.
From what i have learned its the standered for everyone else and 5 over 4 seems like some good changes. I heard good about GIMP buy never had luck downloading it.

I use Photoshop CS5 ( and therefore Adobe Camera Raw ) and I also have OnOne Phototools 2 Professional which can be really handy for those shots where you want them to be a little different, but can't quite decide what you want. Its also good for film emulation and portrait enhancing. Then I use Adobe Bridge for organizing although I hate the way that it completely bogs down my computer the longer it is left open. So i may look into an alternative like ACDsee.

I use photoshop CS5. I may soon be getting LR3 as well.

If I had to pick between cs5 and lr3 I would definitely take the LR3, especially if I had to buy them. The LR3 is extremely useful, and can really handle most everything you could possibly need. CS5 can do it all, but it's a lot of work, and isn't nearly as simple.

Most reactions

Back