What laptop???

benaccent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi there,

i wasnt sure what subject this question would come under so i posted it here.

I am looking to buy a laptop to use with my D50 dslr, although the camera is not that important in my choice. the only things i need it to have are bothe wired and wireless connectivity and enough hard disc space to be able to store a day or so's shooting. any ideas? oh and the cheaper the better.

thanks

benaccent said:
I am looking to buy a laptop to use with my D50 dslr, although the camera is not that important in my choice. the only things i need it to have are bothe wired and wireless connectivity and enough hard disc space to be able to store a day or so's shooting. any ideas? oh and the cheaper the better.

Are you sure you're not looking for a "PSD", a.k.a. Portable Storage Device?

i would prefer a laptop as i could use it for more than just photography.

i think i could cope with a 20gb hard disk, this should more than cover a days shooting, and still have plenty of room for other things

Harddisks are cheap. That's not going to be the big factor in a good laptop for a photographer. Functionality, connectivity, speed, display and ease of use are important. And in those aspects this is easily king-of-the-hill for this Xmas.
Start saving.

yeah,
already looked at them, and the alienware ones. i think they are a while off at the moment.

i do think that connectivity and speed are the main things i need now, its just so hard to find a cheap one that will do the job. i have looked on the bay but people want stupid money for 2 or even 3 year old systems. i would probably want to spend no more than £400 to start with.

You generally get what you pay for, benaccent.

Most reactions

Back