what lens and flash for BMX photography

tjespo22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I shoot alot of bmx and unfortunately i only have a kit lens for that. i have a 70-200 2.8 l but its really no good for bmx. Im looking at a sigma 8mm 3.5 fisheye, nifty 50mm 1.8 and a 580ex II with a transmitter. How does this sound? i love bmx photography, but when i got the telephoto i though i was going to be shooting alot of MX since i ride MX. but since i got into bmx, i dont ride MX as much anymore.. so lmk what you think. I would be getting the canon 15mm 2.8 but i have a 30d and with the 1.6 crop idk if it would be a good idea.. lmk what you think and if i should or should not get someting.

thanks
espo

with a lens as wide as 8mm...you're gonna have to be on top of whoever you're takin a pic of.
Also, if you get fisheye...make sure it's a diagonal fisheye...cause a circular fisheye will make a circle image on the sensor...

Hmm...
What about an upgraded lens in the same focal length as the kit lens? If that range works for you...stick with it.

I hink it depends on your own personal style and where you .are shooting from

Like JIP stated, really depends on how close you can get to the action and the type of shot you want to get. For nice wide shots the EF-S 10-22 is good if you do not want the distortion. If you plan on the 50mm, get the f/1.4 with the USM for faster AF though.

well i prob wont be getting the 50mm for a while then cuz the 1.4 is alot more expensive and i got a big list already.

as for a fisheye, im gonna get the tokina 10-17

these are hte other things i have on my list.
canon speedlight 580ex II
Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2
Tokina 10mm - 17mm F/3.5-4.5 DX Autofocus Fisheye Zoom Lens
Lowepro Nature Trekker AW II, All Weather Photo Backpack, Black.
Velbon CX-690 Photo & Video Tripod with 3-Way Pan Head

Most reactions

New Topics

Back