What lens do i use

teralee98

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am doing a course and for my first assignment i have to give the lens, attachments and filters, if any, for the 'jobs' i have been given. One in particular is photographing a juicer for an advertising agency The juicer looks like a brushed aluminum spaceship and i have shoot a dramtic shot to emphasize the design. I am going to use an 85mm lens and a polarised filter?? does this sound right? I am assuming i'm shooting inside? (I still have to get used to all the lingo!!!) :):) Thanks for any help you can give me.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but it does sound like you're trying to get the folks here to do your course homework for you I'm afraid...

I agree with the above post.

The 85mm will work for what you want to do, but 'how' you go about doing is the purpose of the course.

Practice. Experiment. You will find out what looks good and what doesn't and learn a whole lot more in the process.

Good-Luck sir

Well set up your lamps, get a nice back drop, use a tripod. Take lots of pictures from many angles. Get creative! I would suggest move the lights around too because the lights can make or break the shot and change your background color too, just as part of your experimenting. You can get cheap fabric in a fabric store. (Red looks nice with chrome...just a thought...);) make sure its not wrinkled... get something thats smooth... have fun with it.

I am doing a course and for my first assignment i have to give the lens, attachments and filters, if any, for the 'jobs' i have been given. One in particular is photographing a juicer for an advertising agency The juicer looks like a brushed aluminum spaceship and i have shoot a dramtic shot to emphasize the design. I am going to use an 85mm lens and a polarised filter?? does this sound right? I am assuming i'm shooting inside? (I still have to get used to all the lingo!!!) :):) Thanks for any help you can give me.

If your shooting inside with flash or lights you wont need the polariser, as mentioned above just experiment, move things around, you could use any lens really but 85mm will be fine.
Maybe use a dark background to make the metallic shape stand out. But really its up to you, move your light source around and hit your subject from every angle you can, actually start practicing now so you get an idea of which way you will approach your task.
Best of luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back