What lens do you think was used?

astrochris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What lens and techniques do you think were used in this photo?

Please do not post images to which you do not hold rights. You may post a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
A glass one. Did I get it?

What lens and techniques do you think were used in this photo?
There is no Exif Data attached to the photo so it is hard to tell. Obviously it was not a UW lens as there is no distortion as would be typical of using an UW for a portrait. It is probably in the standard to mid telephoto range. Other than that it there is no way to tell what lens was used for the shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of the amount of background I am thinking a 35mm on a crop body or 50mm on FF at f/2.8 or larger aperture. It really must to be your photo to post it here so I don't know if this is a guessing game by you or if you want to know how someone else made the shot.

Looks like the OOF areas I get when using my 60mm micro lens for portraits.
Seems like the technique is horizontal sunset senior portrait with cut-off hand.

Given what's visible in the background (plants in the field) the lens focal length is near normal to tending wide.

As for technique:

Given that her skin color is blue enough to suggest she needs immediate medical attention to get her breathing again I'd say the "my camera's auto WB is always right on" technique.
Given that the highlights are nuked into oblivion I'd say the fauxtographer, "it's my style to fill my photos with light" technique.
Given that there's not a single black pixel in the photo I'd say the fauxtographer, "I found the free LR presets for high fashion" technique.
(And Dave caught the wrist crop.)

Joe

P.S. and OP is this your photo because if it isn't you're violating forum rules to post photos that aren't yours.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back