What lens should I buy?

cj-lagaya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a Nikon D3100 user. My kit lens is the 18-55mm and I also have 50mm. I'm thinking of buyig tamron 18-200mm OR 70-300mm because that's the only brand that suits my budget. I am into portrait photography at the same time I also love doing event photography. Since I live in a province from the Philippines, near the forest at slightly in a higher level land, when I try to do nature or landscape photography, it makes me look for longer mm. Because our place is almost at the higher level than the city, moon, stars and even birds are slightly reachable that's why I wanted to also try wildlife photography. I wonder what lens should I buy that fits to my lifestyle ? The 18-200mm or the 70-300mm? And also, what lens is best suits for candid photos especially for children? Because I also have so many nieces and nephews..

You might consider another option: Amazon.com Nikon 55-200mm f 4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Vibration Reduction Nikkor Zoom Lens Camera Lenses Camera Photo

There are many of these available on the used market. I linked to the main Amazon page, but look down-page: There are 139 used ones just on this site, and there are other sites. Prices start at around $100 plus shipping.

The reason for my recommendation is; I think 200mm is just about right for candid portraiture, and if you discover later that you need more "reach" for birds, etc., then you will have a better idea of what focal length you need, and you're not spending a fortune on the 55-200.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You might consider another option: Amazon.com Nikon 55-200mm f 4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Vibration Reduction Nikkor Zoom Lens Camera Lenses Camera Photo

There are many of these available on the used market. I linked to the main Amazon page, but look down-page: There are 139 used ones just on this site, and there are other sites. Prices start at around $100 plus shipping.

The reason for my recommendation is; I think 200mm is just about right for candid portraiture, and if you discover later that you need more "reach" for birds, etc., then you will have a better idea of what focal length you need, and you're not spending a fortune on the 55-200.

Thank you. I will consider that 55-200. But I don't think I can afford o order in Amazon because for sure, the shipping from US to Philippines is more expensive than the price of tye product itself. I'll look for a cheaper 55-200mm here in our country instead. But still, thank you so much.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back