What lens?

redshead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, new guy here looking for help! I have a Nikon D60 with the two lenses that came with it a 55-200 and a 18-55. I am looking to start upgrading them. I have about $500 to spend right now. I am looking for suggestions, I was thinking something like the Sigma 105 MM f/2.8 EX DG Telephoto Macro Lens for about $470 or should I just bite the bullet and spend about $900 for the Nikon 105 MM f/2.8G ED-IF Af-s VR Micro Nikor Lens. Or something else altogether? Maybe a 300? I am just starting to learn photography and don't really have a specific need other than just starting to get better lenses.
Thanks for the help!
Dana

I am just starting to learn photography and don't really have a specific need other than just starting to get better lenses.
Thanks for the help!
Dana

Why not wait until...

1) You have a specific need.
2) You learn a bit about photography so that you can make more of your own decisions.

I am just starting to learn photography and don't really have a specific need other than just starting to get better lenses.
Thanks for the help!
Dana

Why not wait until...

1) You have a specific need.
2) You learn a bit about photography so that you can make more of your own decisions.

good advice, seconded.

Most reactions

Back