What lenses are you lusting for right now?

Well instead of a 28mm I actually saw a really great offer for a used Distagon 35mm f2. So I have that now. And now I'm wondering if I still should get the Distagon 28mm f2 Hollywood or move on because the 35mm is, well, just wonderful.

I was just about to pull the trigger a used 35mm f2 distagon but when I met up with the guy the hood was bent on the lens in a way that appears it had been dropped. The guy said he hadnt dropped it and the hood just got bent in the bag but I got cold feet and passed it up. I have the 21mm distagon, 50mm Planar, and 100mm Makro f2 already. I'm hoping to add the 15mm and 35mm f2 in the next few months to really round out my Landscape kit. I too was contemplating the 28mm wondering if I will really need it. between the 15mm, 21mm, 35mm, and 50mm I'm thinking I just won't need the 25mm 0r 28mm distagon. I have a nice 16-35mm as well so if I really need those focal lengths ill still have something but while its a nice lens it is not as sharp or contrasty as the Zeiss lenses and would be out resolved on a 5Dsr.

Thoughts on those other 25 and 28mm focal lengths?

In case you are indeed asking me: sorry, I'm neither a Canon user nor am I much into landscapes.

I want the distagon 28mm aside of the 35mm f2 because its a dramatic, emotional lens. Maybe the most dramatic lens of all. Thats why its nicknamed "Hollywood". If I had to give a nickname to the 35mm it would be honeypot. Its just delicious.

I suppose a lot of people said this but yeah Nikon 70-200 2.8 and the VR 1 version is totally fine with me. I have seen them used for prices I can afford. Not much else that I can think of right now.

1. FF wide zoom or prime (the DX tokina 11-16 is getting me along at 16mm but it's effectively a prime since you can't zoom wider than 16 on a full frame body.) Thinking maybe a rokinon or samyang MF prime.
  2. 50 mm f/1.8 AF prime
  3. 85mm f/1.8 AF prime
  4. FF walk-around zoom that opens to f/2.8
  5. Longer telephoto (maybe 150-600).
Wow- I could spend a ton of cash in a hurry if let loose!

None really, but more stuff for frame building and print making is always nice. :)

105/1.4 and 300/4 would be welcome additions. May have to find a few things to sell.

105/1.4 and 300/4 would be welcome additions. May have to find a few things to sell.
the 300mm f/4 PF is droolsome. it costs as much as the 105/1.4.
My GF has the 300mm f/2.8 VRII so it's pointless to buy the f/4 just to save weight.

I was drooling for the Nikon 300mm f/4 PF but went with the Nikon AF-S 300mm f/4D IS ED Non-VR Droll over its outstanding.

Well if its about 300mm I already have a wonderful one - AI-S 300mm f4.5 - but I wouldnt complain about getting my hands on an AI 300mm f2.8 IF-ED.

Not something I actually lust for like "I WANT IT NEXT SECOND PRONTO" but definitely something I would snatch instantly if I see a good offer !

OMG I want the new Olympus 12-100 f/4... only problem is that I don't have an Olympus system.

Either a Trio 28 or a nice wide angle..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back