What lenses are you lusting for right now?

I still prefer the Nikon rendering over the ultra sharpness of the Sigma.

I bought everything I wanted, so currently only thinking of selling some stuff.

The 1.8/20 is so good that I do not use the 1.4/24 anymore which is a pity. It was as expensive as my 4/300PF!

Also the 1.8/50 does not see much use since I bought the 1.4/58, but selling it does not make much sense.

The 1.8/85 and 1.4/105 I still use both all the time, no doubling here.

I am not sure if I will keep the Fish 8-15 Nikkor. I will give it another 6 month. A great lens for group shots indoors.

The 300PF is highly recommended. What a lens! Superb on FX and DX. Same for the 1.4/105E and the 1.8/20G and the 1.8/85G. The 1.4/24G is superb but it is also very heavy and a lot of money sitting on the shelf if you do not use it.

The 2.8/60G Micro is phantastic, even for portraits, that was not true for the 60D Micro but since I have that I prefer the 1.4/58G and for Macro shots the 300PF on full contact extension. I cannibalized a 1.4E tele converter for the purpose. Stunning. Best macro for the field I ever used. In static studio setup the Sinar p2 with Schneider APO Digitar is better or with the Large Format Nikkor APO Marcro...

Everyone should lust for the 1.4/105E. Probably the best lens I ever had. Wow wow and wow. Every single time!

How about the Fujinon 25-300mm T3.5?
About That 25-300mm f/2.8 You Wanted

Here it is next to a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens (only weights 8.4kg/18.5lb):
sideview-771x1024.jpg

fronts-1024x677.jpg

Sigma makes a 200-500 f/2.8

It is 25.000€ but the most expensive part is the servant you need to carry it for you. I took a picture of the lens. It is on display in a local shop, although in Canon mount only. Available for Nikon and Sigma mount too:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001...0&keywords=sigma+2.8/200-500mm&th=1&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sigma makes a 200-500 f/2.8

It is 25.000€ but the most expensive part is the servant you need to carry it for you. I took a picture of the lens. It is on display in a local shop, although in Canon mount only. Available for Nikon and Sigma mount too:
I've not really considered it as it's not available in any of my mounts.
I think you're forgetting it's not just one servant, you need another to carry the tripod you'll need, and if you're covering any real distance at least a couple of others to take over once the initial servant's are in need of a rest (every 100 yards?) .
100lb puts it well outside the working range of even my heaviest duty tripod, which is certainly a significant burden already.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back