What makes a photo "comment-able"

Cause apparently mine are not. I'm not looking for praises. I would be happy with "this picture sucks and here's why". So... what do you think makes a shot comment-able. I'm sorry but I could not find the other discussion that is similar to this one.

This is only applies to people who browse your uploaded photos naturally.

I browse many photos almost on daily basis if time permit. Don't forget that the mood plays major role in commenting here. Many times out of blue I felt like to comment to certain photo. But, opening a thread with stack of pictures in it is a real turn off for me. After few times than I tend to remember the poster profile name/names - and my mind seems set into the "embargo" setting automatically.

Than also another thing, in the general gallery also that seem abused by posters who have no seriousness in posting other than just insult the commenters.

But beside of all that, I think having no comment or only tiny comments does not mean the photo/photos are crap. You know if your photos are good or not. I am sure we all do only post pictures that we think are good, except for the abusers.

If the time I estimate it will take to satisfactorily address merits and problems is longer than an arbitrary standard depending on my mood, then I won't comment.

Cause apparently mine are not. I'm not looking for praises. I would be happy with "this picture sucks and here's why". So... what do you think makes a shot comment-able. I'm sorry but I could not find the other discussion that is similar to this one.

Is it better to have someone give you a possibly, most likely, misguided and obtuse opinion regarding your work, or better to develop your instinct regarding the validity of your work according to your vision? Trust yourself and how you feel about your work.

Sometimes I get considerable response to my posts. Sometimes they fall flat, and sometimes those same images receive a great response from a different audience.

I think it's best to develop a feel for your own work. For one to be able to make their own judgement as to why a photo is, or is not commentable. Learn to analyze your work objectively and become your own -best- critic. Please yourself and no one else. Post for the pleasure of sharing. IMO, that's what makes a photo commentable.

Most reactions

Back