What makes your city famous?

themedicine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Post up a picture of what you consider to be the most popular location, event, or structure of your city!
I think this could be a lot of fun and could be a nice on going thread!

I'll start:
Roanoke, Va-The Star
4251136275_b3da2d624f_b.jpg

HAHA...My city isn't famous...

I'll go ahead and find something to post though...be back in a few, lol.

By the way photoxopher where is that? sorry if i didn't make it clear, id like to know some general locations made famous by the shots...

I can't get over that photo though, its damn near perfect.

Thanks again! I'll update the post with location info but it's Dodge Center, MN - a very small farm town in south east Minnesota.

I'll admit, I love that photo - but it wasn't easy. I must have taken ~200 shots of these things and there are only a handful I really like.

OK, here's mine. This is all I could come up with...

Largest employer in the county.

IMG_8557-resized.jpg

That's pretty much all there is here... That, and a bunch of farms.
"Downtown" is only a few blocks, and the tallest building in the town is the hospital...

I didn't really feel like driving anywhere, and if I did all I would come home with would be a picture of an empty field...

I could get some VERY cool pictures out at the airport, but cameras are forbidden...

There are only 2 reasons people come here: Work, or they live in an even smaller neighboring town and we have the closest grocery store.

Last edited:
Bad Oeyhausen, Germany

The building is former Royal Palace in which Montgomery made his HQ after WW2 but which the Nazi owner said he would rather burn it to the ground than give it to the Brits. Lovely building though - my photos really don't do it justice but it was my first day with the e500. (excuse the watermark - it was my first time using Picasa. It's not on my other images :D

2009121730kurparkpalace.jpg

2009121730kurparkpalace.jpg

well hopefully this is a good enough thread that it will still be going strong. i have some more ideas for my town.

aww god i wish i had photos of indepence hall where the constitution was signed.

philadelphia

love park, the best skate spot on the east coast
DSC012191.jpg

city hall in the background

not born here, but resided and one of the biggest influences in the country
DSC01243.jpg

more love park
DSC_0272.jpg

i cant get image links off flickr, so heres some more
Flickr: lbcsublime9's Photostream
freemasons grand lodge, lots of original freemasons from philly.

also elfreths alley, the oldest residential street in america

Sign the peace treaty at second worldwar for europe , 5 may 1945

hotel de wereld Wageningen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back