What memory card?

I have one Lexar Professional High capacity 4GB card (133x speed), and it works for me. With the D90 set on L and Fine, you get about 555 photos. I shoot, then download, then repeat. I have only run out of room once while shooting and that was due to adding RAW and Jpeg settings.

Alright, my 4gb should do me.

Going to buy a back up 2gb before I go on my trip.

I always have a backup card, even if it's a small one. You never know when something can go wrong... and cards can go bad.

For sure.

Just a question, how many shots can a 4gb hold?

I just posted that above but here you go:

Large and Fine: 555
Large and Norm: 1100
Large and Basic: 2100
Large+Raw and Fine: 182 (most space consuming setting possible)
Large+Raw and Norm: 218
Large+Raw and Basic: 241
RAW:271
Medium and Fine:981
Medium and Norm: 1900
Medium and Basic: 3600
Medium+Raw and fine: 212

Last edited:
My bad, the guy at henry's said it could hold about 800 shots.

updated with more info... all are with the D90 (I just ran through the settings).

Sure does. Big files there, but you can pick and choose the shots you want to shoot Raw (difficult lighting or favorites) and that change it back to save space.

Sure does. Big files there, but you can pick and choose the shots you want to shoot Raw (difficult lighting or favorites) and that change it back to save space.

True. I was afraid i might need a bigger memory card :lol:

My bad, the guy at henry's said it could hold about 800 shots.

Even if it only does hold 800, how often are you likely to take 800 shots without offloading them to a pc?

1 X 4gb and one smaller card for a backup and you should be good to go.

for sure, just on trips I might take a bit of shots. the 2gb plan before my trip out west is good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back