• Manual

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • Auto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
yay for manual =]

When I carry my camera I keep it in Program, that way I can just grab a quick shot without having to mess with anything. The majority of my photos are quick grabs, local interest or family so the majority are taken in program.

However, when I have time to set up for a particular shot I will use whatever suits it best, shutter priority, aperture priority or manual, very rarely program for them.

I use manual most of the time, but for quick-moving wildlife I use aperture priority a lot.

I use aperture priority for almost everything, from snapshots to landscapes to strange sky shots. Forcing myself to choose a good aperture helps me almost always know what aperture to use. The only cameras I use manually are mom's old Miranda Sensorex (which is full manual) and my Nikon FG-20 (whose AP mode doesn't work). In these cases I sometimes use the opportunity to choose a shutter speed a stop or 2 off depending on the lighting situation (as opposed to using exposure compensation settings like I do on my D40).

manual - the only i have and the one i'd use the most anyway...!

Can someone please explain the advantages of using manual mode on cameras with AP and SP/TV modes that also have exposure compensation settings?? I think I'm missing something here :confused:.

Can someone please explain the advantages of using manual mode on cameras with AP and SP/TV modes that also have exposure compensation settings?? I think I'm missing something here :confused:.

All the cool kids shoot manual only.

Me? I am not a cool kid, it seems like a silly waste of time to me... either you trust your camera meter, or get a new freaking camera (or at least a handheld meter) IMHO... (not counting shooting multi flashes in the strobist fashion ... then manual is the only way to go).

I shoot Aperture Priority about 90 percent of the time, and Shutter Priority the other 10 percent.

Program auto most of the time, but I switch between all modes depending on the type of shot. Shutter for action, aperture for stills, manual for bracketing/hdr. I only use like 50% of the top dial, I don't think I've used any or the scene modes other than when I first got me D40.

Aperture priority most of the time!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back