What model camera might have photographed the RAM pictures

Hi everyone. I was just curious but would anyone be able to guess what sort of camera might have take the RAM (computer memory) pictures in the following articles ? Any idea what kind of money would a such a camera cost ?

How much RAM does your PC need? Probably less than you think
No camera took that photograph. Cameras don't take photos, people do. A person with an understanding of photography took the photograph recording the image with a camera.

As to what camera, almost any camer could have been used. It's just a tool. It's like asking what hammer built my house.

Probably a framing hammer.

28 oz. waffled-face Estwing.
I've got one of those!

For a steel framed house???

Weirdo!
Yeah, but it stands up to Kansas Tornados and my heating and cooling bills are probably 1/3 of what most pay for the same size house. Green sheathing instead of standard chip board along with better insulation than required by code. This house costs us less to heat and cool than our old 1/3 the square footage house did.

Given there are tens of thousands of cameras capable of taking such an image, guessing would merely be an exercise in futility. Cost? I'd venture a range from $250 to $10,000.

Hello and thanks for the response. Would there be any affordable cameras that could take close up shots that are as rich and clear like the ones take by the Nikon D800 ?

Given there are tens of thousands of cameras capable of taking such an image, guessing would merely be an exercise in futility. Cost? I'd venture a range from $250 to $10,000.

Hello and thanks for the response. Would there be any affordable cameras that could take close up shots that are as rich and clear like the ones take by the Nikon D800 ?
With the right technique & a few macro accessories practically any camera would be capable of matching these. It might be a challenge with the £3 used compact I picked up, but probably possible, with some post processing!

Nearly any modern camera can do that.
The key, as mentioned in a previous post
is for DOF you need a large aperture lens, such as a 50mm /1.8 or 50mm/1.4 or 85mm 1.8 or 1.4 as an example.
Then a camera such as a D700, d600/610 which are cheaper than the d800.

Or if you want to save some more money a D7200/7100/7000 or d5000 or d3000 series cameras. Canon makes other capable cameras and then there's a plethora of mirrorless camera that meet the capability. It's just the DOF needs that type of f/1.8 or f/1.4 type lens.

You don't need a Lens with large aperture at f/1.4 or f/1.8. A standard kit lens with f/3.5 to f/5.6 or p&s or iPhone is enough. Just shoot really close to the memory module in slight angle. Zoom in if you have to. You will get enough dof and make sure to get good lighting.

Most reactions

Back