What monitor are you guys editing photos on?

jakechris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm currently using an LG 29UC88 Ultrawide monitor and find the height of my pictures in LR and PS just aren't quite as big as I'd like. I'm considering upgrading to either a 34UC88 Ultrawide or a 32" HP Omen monitor. Both are 2560 x 1440 so the pictures should be nice and sharp. Although I like Ultrawide, the 34UC88 has a curve on it that I'm not sure will be suitable for editing. This made me wonder, what do you guys out there in photo land use to edit your photos?

Also, any thoughts on my choices would be welcome as well, thanks!

Agree with Don since Retina display is out of the question. Lately, I've been using my 18" tablet, I'm just not into editing at this point. I use it it to crop.

this is my photo editing rig.

commodore-64.jpg

15" laptop; never had an issue with the size.

For moi? An Apple iMac. If you've not seen the new 27-inchers, you might be in for a visual treat.

One of the best glamour shooters in our area showed me some work he's done over the years on pair of side-by-side iMac 27's...wow...what gorgeous displays, for moderate amounts of cash outlay. I dunno...the image is the thing...I like a larger monitor.

For moi? An Apple iMac. If you've not seen the new 27-inchers, you might be in for a visual treat.

One of the best glamour shooters in our area showed me some work he's done over the years on pair of side-by-side iMac 27's...wow...what gorgeous displays, for moderate amounts of cash outlay. I dunno...the image is the thing...I like a larger monitor.
^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said. :icon_thumbsup:

A really good monitor that won't break the bank. I use a Dell 25" Ultrasharp U2515H. Comes calibrated out of the box 99% sRGB gamut. 2560x1440 and comes with a great warranty. They tend to go on sale quite often and is on sale right now at least in Canada.

Dell UltraSharp 25 Monitor - U2515H

Yep.
As a display ages it has to be re-calibrated.
The display also has to be re-calibrated if the ambient light falling on it has changed since the last calibration.
Pro image editors re-calibrate their display(s) at least monthly, and often just before they start a new, critical editing job.

The Dell UltraSharp U2515H is definitely better than a TN display, but it's only an 8-bit (256 colors per RGB color channel) display.
Dell tries to hide that fact by stating the display color capability is 16.78 million colors.
A bit of math though shows that 256 (R) x 256 (G) x 256 (B) = 16.78 million.
An IPS display that can only display 99% of the sRGB color space is an indicator of a low end IPS display.
Better is if an IPS display can show 99% of the larger color gamut of the Adobe RGB color space.
In short Dell UltraSharp displays are OK if one is on a tight display budget, but they are not really good displays.

Dell UltraSharp displays also have a long history of layer separation that begins soon after the warranty expires.

I just bought a 2017 27' iMac and it is amazing to edit photos on!

Eizo CG243W, maybe old but perfect for my use and supports 10bit color depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you guys think about a 4k monitor? I was looking at the LG 27UC69P

Most reactions

Back