What not to shoot

duck.jpg

my friend took this shot of a duck

That's actually quite funny, it would be more so if the duck on the left was wincing or looking a little disapproving/disgusted.

Have any of you guys seen this comic strip before?
WTD749.gif

Found at: WhattheDuck.net

Don't shoot pictures from a moving car. This is something I'm guilty of and will probably never be cured of it. But whatever it is that suddenly strikes you as a great shot will look completely different after you've scrambled to find the camera, turn it on, set the exposure, compose, focus and finally released the shutter. If whatever you've spotted is not impressive enough for you to stop the car and go back and compose a decent shot, then forget it.

Oh, this goes double if you happen to be one driving.

I've shot from a moving car before, a few years ago. It was kind of a fun challenge of trying to pick a good subject, and then set up the shot while moving. I had my camera out ready to try it though, so no scrambling looking for it. It was also a point and shoot, and I wasn't driving. They turned out well, and its difficult to tell they were shot from a car I think. We couldn't stop, because we had to meet my brother and sister in law at a specific time to eat dinner with them. But in general, I would agree with you, there are better ideas than trying to take pictures from a moving car... while driving. I was picking up an SD card at walmart once, and one of the photo staff was talking about driving and taking a picture of the sunset... it was kinda funny.

Unfortunately, no duck pictures from me... Well, I have some, but it was testing exposure settings rather than an actual attempt at a good shot.

Don't shoot pictures from a moving car.
Wrong again.

All shot while in the back seat of a car going 100 Km/h on curvy highways (ok, that last one had straightened out a bit ;))

Sure, you will get a lot of throw-away shots this way, but the keepers make it worthwhile. You also don't always have the option to stop (if, for example, your parents are driving and trying to make time ;))

Wilderness Lakes
p351913497-3.jpg

p619563415-3.jpg

Wilderness Lakes

p186782223-3.jpg

Oh, and Ive shot both stills and movies from a Moving Motorcycle.

Most reactions

Back