what photo is better?

articsilber323

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
tree.jpg

treebw.jpg

When the composition is bad, it really wont matter what you try, it just wont happen. Was this tree inspiring to you?

in my opinion, with blue background is the better of the two. Against the blue, the dynamics of the tree's trunk and branches stand out.:thumbup:

i just thought the tree was cool looking

When the composition is bad, it really wont matter what you try, it just wont happen. Was this tree inspiring to you?

What a weird question to ask. And what a rude way to say you don't like it. Maybe you need to learn about some basics such as 'art is always and foremost a matter of perception and personal preference'.

To say 'the composition is bad' is plain wrong, sorry. Just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it's wrong. I'd go even further an dsay there is no wrong or right when it comes to art.

Now what?

The question was asked to serve as a reminder that photos taken should have some sort of meaning to the photographer, and not just wander around clicking at whatever. I didn't think it was rude, if it came off that way, my apologies to the thread starter.

My perception is that the composition is bad. The photo is being submitted for critique, and that is my opinion, I stand by it. I never said it was wrong, you brought that word into this discussion. The first rule in photography is that there are no rules, I live by this behind the lens.

Now what? Heck...I dunno, time for lunch?

The question was asked to serve as a reminder that photos taken should have some sort of meaning to the photographer, and not just wander around clicking at whatever. I didn't think it was rude, if it came off that way, my apologies to the thread starter.

My perception is that the composition is bad. The photo is being submitted for critique, and that is my opinion, I stand by it. I never said it was wrong, you brought that word into this discussion. The first rule in photography is that there are no rules, I live by this behind the lens.

Now what? Heck...I dunno, time for lunch?

Just as well. :mrgreen:

"#7cedew vbmenu_register("postmenu_751844", true);
TPF Noob!

My Photos Are OK to Edit

The question was asked to serve as a reminder that photos taken should have some sort of meaning to the photographer, and not just wander around clicking at whatever."

But did you ever take, much less share on a public forum, a photo that didn't speak to your heart? Obviously this one did, to the shooter.
To suggest that this is just a "click shot" is rude considering the shooter picked his/her favorite of the bunch.
You don't have to love it, but a little TLC goes a hell of a long way.
Sometimes, you can't reshoot, so maybe offer how to make the photo better using editing.
Just a suggestion.
Still like the shot, BTW.

Furthermore..............
Ugg, this was just the type of thing I was going on about yesterday. Poster with 11 posts, no website, no photo posts, talking about how much "this" photo sucks.
My opinion is, if you can do it better, do it, and then show it, in a nice way, to show how to better the photo. Not some glib crap about lunchtime. That speaks to, and informs, noone.
Sorry to jack the thread, but this HAS to stop.

And BTW, I STILL like the shot. Don't let folks get you down. You did something differently, processed it well, and had the courage to ask us our opinion.
Personally, I think it's great. (#1 of course, 'cause I'm a color freak)
Keep on going! You are on the right track.

(
1.gif
Pssst Elsaspet: Cedew did post a photo of his own, here .)

You are right LaFoto. Nice shot as well. I like the comp.
But still..............how to help, not to discourage, is EVERYTHING.
:)
Love ya Lady!

I echo the above comments of Elsaspet. I like the shot (and I too prefer the colour version). The comments provided by Cedew were not informative or constructive and whether it was intended or not, they were rather harshly worded. Articsilber323, please do NOT be discouraged from posting...you're doing fine. I for one look forward to seeing more of your images.

Most reactions

Back