What photo viewing application do you use?

Yeah CS3 despite being an upgrade actually runs well on my old laptop. The entire suite that is. CS2 was terribly slow especially on loading times. I was most impressed that adobe managed to literally half and then some the CS3 startup times for Photoshop and come close to that with Bridge too.

CS3 sound nice then. After becoming fed up with a slow computer I purchased a new comuter solely for photo editing. No internet no other appilcations (aside from Itunes). I'll tell you what my computer runs like you would imagine a computer should, things open immediately and editing time has been cut in half, large file load in the blink of an eye. I opened 25, 50mb tiffs in CS2 and it took about 30 second to open them all. I strongly suggest dedicating a computer to photo editing. Yeah its a pain to go between computers when you need to upload a file but the time you save editing more than makes up for the hassle. Also there is not the temptatio to surf the net while editing photos.... All business!

Bit of knowing how windows works, and computer maintenance does go a long way. I do the equivalent of a full format every 2 months. Especially for this reason. I say equivalent because I don't actually format, I just have an image of my C: on another computer which I load back regularly.

depends on the day and what im doing, sometimes viewnx, sometimes fsviewer, sometimes adobe bridge

XnView, it is for free, easy to use, convenient for me

ACDSee 5, for performance reasons. I need just a browser - to have a quick look through my photos, delete the crap ones, rotate some of the keepers, with a quick access to a full-screen feature. That's it, no need for more stuff. Now I usually shoot RAW so the Bridge from CS2 has become my primary photo browser. I only wish it had a 100% preview feature like the CS3 one, or at least it would be nice to have such a plug-in. It would help to determine sharpness without launching the cameraraw plug-in.

I use Bridge with CS2, but on my computer I would not consider it a 'light' application.

Drake, just select your photos in Bridge and run a full screen slide show, but use the cursor to move from photo to photo and delete the ones you don't like.

That's what I do.

Cheers

I've just found a better one, you can select multiple images and open them all at once in the cameraRAW. This way it's easy to zoom in to 100%. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back